Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saturday (& Sunday) Socials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeL

some guy
Jan 24, 2013
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
photos from today. Please post yours as the events happen
Red MS is in motion being summoned. Goes veery slooowly. It's one of the test drive cars at our store. I later saw others trying out summon on their phone app with their own cars.
The moment summon demo was over, ALL attention went to that white MX at the supercharger. Everybody was all over it. :) The owner's daughters, young children, were giving it the hard sell, showing us all the cool stuff. Here's another of us chatting by a sig X, if I can load it ...
image.jpeg

Reactions: KJD and ModelX
I went to the gathering at Santana Row (San Jose, CA) last Sunday. A big attraction was the X that was on display in the store. "Light breakfast" was cookies and Italian sodas. They were doing demos of Summon out in the parking garage behind the store, where they keep their test drive cars. In general it was nice to go and schmooze with other other owners.

Bruce.

Thinking about going to the event Sunday the 30th in Corte Madera and wondering if it is worth going. Would like to hear from someone who has been to one of these.

I recently added an update to this thread on the upcoming Weekend Social in another forum area. Tesla Weekend Social - Decrypting the Cryptic Message

The earlier pages of posts is about user experiences from 2016. We're planning on attending this weekend. First one and since we haven't experimented with Summon yet sure the demo portion of the get-together will be interesting for us. As new owners we also have a few questions we'll ask then.

The SF Bay area doesn't seem to have an active club like other areas of the country so look forward to meeting other owners and seeing their cars. Closest think we've come to that is chatting occasionally at a SC with others charging or meeting owners in store/restaurant parking lots. Always came away with at least one thing we didn't know about our car or traveling with it.

Last edited:
Hey, newly announced Tesla Weekend Social -- May 20th and 21st. Check your email for details and link to RSVP. Here's a list of locations and dates:

Saturday Social Events
May 20, 2017

ARIZONA
TEMPE, AZ Tempe

ILLINOIS
CHICAGO, IL Chicago-Highland Park
CHICAGO, IL Chicago-West Grand Avenue
CHICAGO, IL Chicago-Westmont

INDIANA
INDIANAPOLIS, IN Indianapolis-The Fashion Mall at Keystone

MINNESOTA
MINNEAPOLIS Minneapolis-Eden Prairie

MISSOURI
KANSAS CITY, MO Country Club Plaza
UNIVERSITY CITY, MO St. Louis-University City

NEW JERSEY
PARAMUS, NJ Paramus

OHIO
CINCINNATI, OH Cincinnati
COLUMBUS, OH Columbus-Easton Town Center

PENNSYLVANIA
WEXFORD, PA Pittsburgh-Wexford

TEXAS
FORTH WORTH, TX University Park Village
SAN ANTONIO, TX San Antonio Dominion
THE WOODLANDS, TX The Woodlands Market Street

Sunday Social Events
May 21, 2017

CALIFORNIA
BUENA PARK, CA Buena Park
CANOGA PARK, CA Topanga
COSTA MESA, CA Costa Mesa
PALM DESERT, CA Palm Desert El Paseo
SAN DIEGO, CA Fashion Valley
SAN DIEGO, CA UTC
SAN JOSE, CA Santana Row

CONNECTICUT
GREENWICH, CT Greenwich

MASSACHUSSETTS
HINGHAM, MA Hingham

NEW JERSEY
SHORT HILLS, NJ Short Hills

NEW YORK
MANHASSET, NY Americana Manhasset
NEW YORK, NY Manhattan

Last edited:
Hubby wanted to go to this month's Weekend Social which I kind of thought would be pretty much the same as last month's. I was wrong. This one focused on the driving experience and how Tesla has been improving things from it's supercharging stations to destination charging. Invitees shared their driving experiences on long trips and there was a lot of question and answer. Last month's presentation lasted about 15 minutes with lots of mingling afterwards. This month's probably went on for 45 minutes or longer. Very personable presenter and he kept things going at a good pace. Pretty good size crowd as well.

When we walked in they gave each of us a raffle ticket and invited us to some brunch edibles. Very nice. After the presentation ended they concluded with the raffle. I forgot what all of the raffled items were but at the very end Two people won Weekend Tesla Drives. The Grand Prize was a Tesla (S or X of your choice) to use for a full Week (six nights). And guess what? We won. Totally floored. Not sure but we might decide on a S but with higher range battery if possible although the X would be a nice experience too. The battery capacity was something he debated about when we ordered (maybe his only regret) so nice chance to experience that on planning a longer drive. Might try out the glass roof. Not sure if he will want to experience a P model. Only so much temptation right? Still need to talk to them to see what this entails didn't really get much info on it at the time. Right now we're talking about where we'd like to take our week and when. Never know what Tesla is going to do to surprise you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah