TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Saugatuck MI charging

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by jmb0629, Jul 16, 2015.

1. jmb0629

jmb0629 Member

Hi all

Will be traveling to/staying in Saugatuck for the weekend. Have a fair amount of driving to do so will do a range charge at the St Joe SC, but am wondering if anyone knows of a charging option in/near downtown Saugatuck? I checked plugshare but didn't see anything.

Thanks!

2. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

Small world, I'll also be in the area from Sunday to Wednesday. I'm planning on using 120 charging to cover any driving we may need to do while there. Unless you plan to spend the day in Holland to grab a charge at one of the public chargers there, it doesn't look like there are a ton of options.

3. Dbitter1

Dbitter1 Journeyman Member

#3 Dbitter1, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    I vacation there a bit... no known HPWC or CHAdeMO options. We usually VRBO, and I use the ol' Frankenplug collection. Most houses have either electric stoves or driers that I can get some form of L2 charging out of.

There is a state park with camping options (e.g. motorhome/trailer hookups) a little south of South Haven, 20 min south of there... but have not been since I got my Tesla to find out exact details. It is a nice park with beach, not bad to kill a few hours at.

Sorry. :(

4. jmb0629

jmb0629 Member

Thanks - appreciate it. I think we may use one of the options in Holland if need be. As popular as Saugatuck is, was hoping there would be something, but we'll make it work! Thanks for the feedback.

5. Phoster

Phoster Member

You are welcome to use my 80 amp HPWC on the north side of Holland. I am on PlugShare.

6. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

Yeah checking the Allstays App it looks like Holland State Park has some 50A service camping sites that, if available, would be a great way to charge up while spending the day at the beach. We are also doing the VRBO thing for our stay and if we have trouble with plugging in at where we are staying this will probably be my backup plan. Also, thanks for the offer Phoster, worst comes to worst we will look you up.

7. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

Had a great trip, with beautiful weather and 120 charging at our VRBO rental worked great and was fully supported by the owner. Gave us plenty of range for the day trips we took up to Holland and to the beach.

8. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

You might suggest to these VRBOs that they install a NEMA 14-50, and publicize it to attract Tesla owners. Here's an example from Fredericksburg, TX for them:
    Aunt Pams - FBG Lodging
    You can see they list it in the property description and even include a picture of it!

9. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

I love the fact that they show the NEMA 14-50 before they show the bathroom in the pics. The outlet would certainly be of a higher priority for me than the bathroom.