Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Savannah, GA Service/Sales Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Looks like Tesla is planning a Service Center (and possibly sales) at 8805 Abercorn St on the south side of the city.

Permit on the city website
618D3AEE-6923-456F-BD0E-6907F510DA76.jpeg

Google Maps View

02F3195B-D265-41EF-B74B-71B33685B2AF.jpeg

Map view in comp to the Supercharger (SC is green pin)

B9252811-B41C-4BEE-9CA3-CB6E3DE55FB1.jpeg

Quoting from the Hardeeville SC thread a couple months ago:

Well, you're in luck. Tesla is opening both a store and service center in Savannah in August. In fact, a technician has already moved to the area and is servicing cars ranger style when possible.

Hey @SoGA Fan Club is this the location you heard about?

I think this deserves a new thread, especially since this service location is nowhere near the airport and the supercharging site. Having a thread titled "Savannah sales / service center" will get a lot more attention here than updates in various supercharger threads.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Quoting from the Hardeeville SC thread a couple months ago:

Hey @SoGA Fan Club is this the location you heard about?

I think this deserves a new thread, especially since this service location is nowhere near the airport and the supercharging site. Having a thread titled "Savannah sales / service center" will get a lot more attention here than updates in various supercharger threads.

I found a permit for Tesla at 8805 Abercorn St in Savannah. I went and checked it out. It's actually an old dealership building - sort of. It was built as a building for a small dealership with a lease contract already in place. For whatever reason, the deal fell through and the building has never been occupied in the 4 years since it was built. The owner has had 24-hour security for the last 4 years. The building looks to be in decent shape, but the parking lot is beginning to deteriorate and will need work. The bad news is that on my last visit a few days ago, I was fully expecting to see some progress but there were no changes. The security guard of course knew nothing about it.

You can use google's street view to get a good look at the building. It makes perfect sense that Tesla would move into the building. It has the basics already there like lifts and such. It's also small so it shouldn't be that expensive (relatively speaking). Though honestly, I hate the location. But it beats Jacksonville or Charlotte. :)

I am completely kicking myself for not getting the technician's tel # (that serviced my car and told me about the new service center/store). I'm sure he could provide more info. I am tempted to find some small repair to do on my S just to get him back out. This time I will not make the same mistake.

Any updates on this from local Savannah residents? Really hoping Tesla gets this SC open in the next few months. I’m approaching 100k miles and will need to visit a SC for a few things when I hit the century mark, and Savannah would save me 2 hours of driving vs Charlotte. Of course if South Carolina didn’t have the most backward laws in the country Tesla could open a SC here!!! :mad:

Good progress. Fire inspection pending.
Great place they've got, plenty of service garages and big lot in the back.
This fills a gaping hole on the eastern seaboard.
Still a handful of cars there, wonder what's going on with them.... I'm looking for a used S myself.

Attachments

• PXL_20201231_192905469.jpg
    PXL_20201231_192905469.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 101
  • PXL_20201231_192924494.jpg
    PXL_20201231_192924494.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 111
  • PXL_20201231_193037010.jpg
    PXL_20201231_193037010.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 114