Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Savannah, GA Service/Sales Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some advice, please: I have delivery for my M3LR on hold through April while my current auto lease expires (in June, but will probably turn the car in early, like mid-May). I'm anxious to click that "I'm Ready" button on my Tesla order so the car can go into production...but the Tesla website says delivery times for M3s are "from 1 - 13" weeks, meaning the car's delivery date could be as early as a couple weeks or as far away as mid-summer if I went for it today. What would you advise? And what has your experience been with the Savannah SC? (I live just south of Charleston.)
I think that is almost impossible to predict, tbh. I doubt it'd take 13 weeks, but the rest is up in the air. They batch produce these cars and inventory could appear tomorrow... or it could be in May or something. Personally, I'd wait until sometime in April and then turn it in once you have a firmer date from Tesla.

Reactions: networkguy
Some advice, please: I have delivery for my M3LR on hold through April while my current auto lease expires (in June, but will probably turn the car in early, like mid-May). I'm anxious to click that "I'm Ready" button on my Tesla order so the car can go into production...but the Tesla website says delivery times for M3s are "from 1 - 13" weeks, meaning the car's delivery date could be as early as a couple weeks or as far away as mid-summer if I went for it today. What would you advise? And what has your experience been with the Savannah SC? (I live just south of Charleston.)
Rule of thumb. The closer to the end of the quarter the quicker it is. Once a new quarter rolls over unless your build is in the pipe you have to wait until near the end of the next quarter.

As others have said, wait until early to mid April then hit the order button. Even if you have to pay a few months of that old lease needlessly, I promise you won’t be disappointed. My Model 3 is the best car I’ve ever owned, and it’s not even close.

BTW, there is a very active Tesla Owner’s Club in Charleston. The group met at Taco Boy this evening but I wasn’t able to attend because I was traveling. If you’re interested in joining the group look it up on Facebook and submit a request.

Reactions: jsight
As others have said, wait until early to mid April then hit the order button. Even if you have to pay a few months of that old lease needlessly, I promise you won’t be disappointed. My Model 3 is the best car I’ve ever owned, and it’s not even close.

BTW, there is a very active Tesla Owner’s Club in Charleston. The group met at Taco Boy this evening but I wasn’t able to attend because I was traveling. If you’re interested in joining the group look it up on Facebook and submit a request.
Thanks for the advice. Decided to do the deed as of today, 3/31, so let's see what happens. And, yes, I did join the Charleston club, even without having the car yet! Seems like a very active group.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Had to deal with Savannah service center the other day. 12v battery died over the weekend. I set up an appointment, waited until someone responded, had them confirm that the issue was only the 12v, then dropped by to swap for a new one (still under warranty). They even sent service tech to follow me home which was a good idea since the window position needed to be recalibrated.

All in all my view is positive. 👍

FYI there is a Tesla owner meetup here on Saturday July 31st:
IMG_1626987256321.jpg

Had another encounter with Savannah Tesla, but this time more benign. Finally got time to bring the car in to upgrade to AP HW3.0 computer. I gave them my keycard and they just gave me a loaner (a 3 SR) with no fuss. Came back about 2-3 hours later and retrieved my 3. Again, went smoothly and no complaints.