Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Save the Date - Gigafactory Party July 29th in Reno

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sent out a save the date notice for the Gigafactory party: the evening of 7/29. I believe this overlaps with TMC Connect. Unfortunstely I can't afford the time to drive to the event from the east coast like I had hoped, so I will be flying in and out.

---

Congratulations on winning tickets to the upcoming Gigafactory Grand Opening! We appreciate your support and participation in the Referral Program.

We are excited to announce that the Gigafactory Grand Opening event will take place on the evening of Friday, July 29th at our facility outside Reno, Nevada. For your travel coordination, the closest airport to the event is Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO) and we have included a list of nearby hotels below. As a reminder, you are permitted to bring one guest to the Grand Opening.

An official invitation will be emailed to you in a few weeks. In the interim, please direct all questions to [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you there!

With warm regards,
The Tesla Team

Reactions: hiroshiy
It worked out perfectly for me - party in Reno on Friday night, friends getting married here at my place on Saturday (I'm 90 miles from Reno, so easy drive home), and then Party at Picnic Creek on Sunday. Going to be a milestone weekend for me!

It worked out perfectly for me - party in Reno on Friday night, friends getting married here at my place on Saturday (I'm 90 miles from Reno, so easy drive home), and then Party at Picnic Creek on Sunday. Going to be a milestone weekend for me!

does Milestone = busy?

I was/am planning on coming on Sunday but it would also be nice to find a Reno party person to be the guest of since it is pretty close to Loomis. hmm Reno in July. Ewww..

potentially looking to be a +1

Last edited:
I don't know how many guests each invitee is allowed to bring, but if the number is 2, my wife and I would love to go to this event! PM me if you have two spots available.
Looking at the invite, it states "As a reminder, you are permitted to bring one guest to the Grand Opening." You'll need to look for two +1 spots for both of you to go ...