Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saved video appears in camviewer but not on USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in the search. Today I went to the dragstrip, and they lined me up against a rail dragster running 7s 🤣 Immediately after the race I saved the dashcam footage, and I checked to be sure it saved when I got in line to run again. I pulled the USB stick (stock one that came in our Model Y), but I do not see the clip anywhere. I checked all the folders - recent, saved, and sentry, but there is no footage at all for first couple hours of today. I plugged it back into the car and reviewed footage, and sure enough it's there. Any thoughts on how to retrieve it? It's a pretty cool video I'd love to share!

I plugged the USB back into the Y, saw the clips were there, and pulled the stick again. I'm not sure what happened, but now I have 4 extra folders from yesterday that didn't exist before 🤨 Anyways, this has now been resolved thankfully!

This just happened to me today, but the missing video was never recovered. I was parked in front of a school for an hour, and while parked two teenagers vandalized the front of the school. I was able to show the video to a police officer, and I assumed I would come home to download the video to send to the police and to the school. Got home, nothing on the thumb drive for the parked hour. There were video clips except from after I left the school.

I'm on 2019.36.5.1