Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saving an hours worth of Dash Cam video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

If I want to save an hours worth of dashcam video (driving & sentry mode), how would I do it?
If at the end of the hour, if I press the Dashcam icon once to save the last 10 minutes, what happens to the previous 50 minutes?
If I just hold the Dashcam icon until it "flashes", that makes it safe to remove the USB, but I don't believe it saves anything.
If I do a "flash" and the hour of video (driving & parked) is there, doesn't it go away if I pull the USB & re-insert it later that same day (as it writes over the data with the just inserted data on the USB?
If I just do a "flash" to make it safe to remove the USB, & pull the USB out, but not re-insert it until the next day, will my hour of driving & parking be "saved" on the USB because the date of the saved files is the previous day's date (no same day files to be overwritten), or is there a simpler way that I can't seem to figure out?

The Owner's Manual does exactly cover this situation (unless I just plain missed it).

Thanks