Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saw a blue Founder Series X in Cupertino today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going from Palo Alto to Cupertino this afternoon and decided to take a small detour to Tesla HQ to see if there was any Model X cars in the employee parking lot. No luck, just like the last two times... But when I got to this Asian grocery store in Cupertino, I was thrilled to see a blue Model X parked right next to the spot I just pulled into. The owner (a lady) was super nice and asked if I'd like to see how the falcon doors opened and closed. She even showed me how the second row seats worked. The car was beautiful and based on my brief observation the fitting was great. I think there's this "solid" feel about the build of this car that somehow got lost in most of the pictures/videos published so far. It just looked more "significant" in person, both from a quality and an aesthetics perspective, I guess. The falcon doors opened and closed a lot faster than I thought -- I would say there is little time wasted compared with traditional doors. It was a Founder Series with 6 white seats. She told me there's 700 Founder series cars and they've all been delivered, which I'm not sure is the case but wouldn't complete rule out either. Didn't want to look at the VIN number but I shoulda probably asked her about the VIN range. Anyway, here's some pictures. Happy holidays!
IMG_1844 (1).jpg
IMG_1835 (1).jpg
IMG_1839 (1).jpg
IMG_1840 (1).jpg
IMG_1842 (1).jpg
IMG_1843 (1).jpg
IMG_1847 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1848 (1).jpg
    IMG_1848 (1).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 183
Wonderful pictures, thank you! 700 Founder's cars seems like a lot unless it includes all of the Founders by Referral folks but even then it's way more than I was expecting. Then again, she would probably know better than me! It would make the Founders cars far less exclusive than I had originally assumed.

The owner may have misspoke in some way. I seriously doubt there are 700 Founders cars running around. That would be WAY more Founders than there were for Model X, not to mention the fact that if there were that many out in the wild, we'd have a lot more photos and sightings of them.

The original Founders supposedly go up to 51, then there are about 20 Founders by referral on top of that. The exact number won't be known until all confirm their orders, but it will certainly be less than 100.

Thanks for posting these photos. It's exactly the configuration I ordered minus Performance.