Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Member Spots Tesla Model Y in the Wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC member Cstreet spotted a Tesla Model Y cruising near the Tesla headquarters and managed to record a video. The Model Y in black was captured driving by Cstreet, giving a look at the front, side, and back of the vehicle. Charging network ChargePoint also posted a photo of a Model Y in the wild...

[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/10/03/tmc-member-spots-tesla-model-y-in-the-wild/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 10.38.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 10.38.39 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard on a youtube channel that there may be a chance that they start production in Q1 of 2020. The original Fall 2020 date given in Elon's presentation earlier this year had extra time buffered in....
That would be a first!

:set snark_mode=off

Very nice. I would actually be more interested in this than the 3. If Model 3 can have walk up/away keyfobs then I'll presume the Y will, too. I'll get used to the lack of IC.

• Funny
Reactions: kunzjob
Thanks for clips, now I know where they are testing Y now, its probably 84 near the mountain pass in between Palo Alto and Woodside. probably gonna find a afternoon to have a coffee there and see see if I can catch one.