Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

saw a mustang ev on road today- YUKKKK what a disgrace to mustang!

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
When the fanbois don't have to excuse all the things Tesla does badly.
This reminds me "when did you stop beating your wife?" argument. The truth is that the status of a company as startup has nothing to do with its fanbase. Tesla builds products and brings profit = Tesla is not a startup.

Klia

May 21, 2020
Bay Area
I may be an outlier but I am far from impressed by the looks of the model Y
You are not an outlier. We have a Y. It is not great looking. And SO is still not getting used to the shape either. It's a stretched model 3 in height. Not as sleek looking as S or 3.

Reactions: BooMan
Mar 27, 2016
Melbourne fl
I think the Y looks much better, but the best part is not riding with your ass on the ground like in the 3 I had. Emphasis on had.
To me, the most important thing in style was ridding myself of the 3 duckbill.
My detailer said he has had four requests for pillar delete since they saw the picture of mine. Makes it look more like a two-tone vehicle.
Just personal preference I guess.

BooMan

Oct 28, 2018
Detroit
The Y lines are good, only M3 lines are better ... and maybe Porsche's. So there is no need for pillar-delete. The pillar-delete MY looks like some Nissan now.
I do not understand pillar delete. Why would you want your Tesla to look like a Camery or some random Nissan? Do people actually think Camery’s and Nissans are sexy? Really?

Let’s end the pillar dele

Mar 27, 2016
Melbourne fl
I do not understand pillar delete. Why would you want your Tesla to look like a Camery or some random Nissan? Do people actually think Camery’s and Nissans are sexy? Really?

As I said, personal preference. And it helps me differentiate it from the 12 other rather blah plain Red Model Y's in the parking lot.

Why chrome delete door handles?
Why chrome delete at all?
Why wrap vehicles?

It's called personalizing your vehicle.

Why would anyone make their expensive X look like this?? Personal Preference, I guess, to each their own.

Attachments

• Wrap.jpg
    Wrap.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 17
Mar 27, 2016
Melbourne fl

Or God forbid look like this. I can't tell. Is this a Camry or a Nissan??

Attachments

• Pillar Delete Sports Car.jpg
    Pillar Delete Sports Car.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 12

BooMan

Oct 28, 2018
Detroit
Or God forbid look like this. I can't tell. Is this a Camry or a Nissan??
That does not look like a four door sedan. Thought it was obvious (shame on me) but I wouldn’t put two tone paint on a friggen hyper car in the same category as a pillar delete on dam four door family hauler. Camary’s and Nissan Altima’s/Maximas ain’t sexy to begin with this trying to emulate them is odd IMO.

But at risk of being pedantic…. Pillar delete specifically looks like trash on any four door car that is not a Bentley or RR. Does that help?

Mar 27, 2016
Melbourne fl
Oh my. It's a new Ferrari. Not a bad style to emulate.

At the risk of being extremely pedantic, I would think that someone from Detroit would know the difference between a four-door sedan and an SUV.
BTW, The Model Y is an SUV, and there are a bevy of new two-tone SUVs, starting with Lexus and in my opinion, they all look pretty sharp.

But of course to each their own. It's just a matter of personal preference. Perhaps you should stick to cars made in your hometown.

Attachments

• Ferrari.jpg
    Ferrari.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Disagree
Reactions: mk677

BooMan

Oct 28, 2018
Detroit
Oh my. It's a new Ferrari. Not a bad style to emulate.

At the risk of being extremely pedantic, I would think that someone from Detroit would know the difference between a four-door sedan and an SUV.
BTW, The Model Y is an SUV, and there are a bevy of new two-tone SUVs, starting with Lexus and in my opinion, they all look pretty sharp.

But of course to each their own. It's just a matter of personal preference. Perhaps you should stick to cars made in your hometown.
Dude I have no idea what you are saying. Just to be clear I clearly see that the car in your original photo was not a four door sedan hence why the thread around two tone and pillar delete did not apply. The original comment from someone was around pillar delete Tesla and my belief is that two tone ONLY works for hyper cars like you have in your pics. They are trash on any Tesla 3/Y, Nissan Altima, Maxima, Honda, Chevy, Ford, etc..

it’s ok if you disagree, to each his own and all but if the car is less than ~$150k two tone and pillar delete just looks tacky. On a RR, Bentley, Maybach, etc.. it works.

Mar 27, 2016
Melbourne fl
"It’s ok if you disagree, to each his own and all but if the car is less than ~$150k two tone and pillar delete just looks tacky. On a RR, Bentley, Maybach, etc.. it works."

Let me interpret that for your ego. "It's ok if you disagree, but I'm still right." From your comments, it appears obvious that you are a legend in your own mind.

I would strongly recommend returning to the original title of the thread which is the "Appearance of the Mustang Mach e"

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC