Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Say Goodbye to Solid White and Titanium Metallic Silver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only things I can think of is there is a supplier issue with the paint and it's temporary, or they are getting ready to introduce new paint colors for the "new model year."

Titanium Metallic was a possibility before I chose Midnight Silver. Deep Blue will be the color of our 3 or S when we are ready to buy our next Tesla--unless they discontinue that one too.

I'm not happy, as I posted in another thread on the topic. Ridiculous to have to pay $1500 or whatever for white. I was banking on not paying for a paint upgrade for the M3, and DON'T want black. They better bring white back for the M3, or have other colors that don't cost so freaking much.

Removes the most generic color and a very unpopular color to make room for maybe more?

I am ok with that.

Never a fan of the generic white as it makes the car look like a toyota camry with the basic slipstreams. Just my opinion though. :)

• Disagree
Reactions: alseTrick
I think the slipstreams are the issue. White looks great with good wheels. The old double 5-spoke wheels looked far better than the slipstreams. The slipstreams have too wide of an edge, which makes them look smaller than 19". If I had to get them, I'd black-out part of the edge, between the spokes.

Reactions: Cnasty
Hopefully it is because they create place for some new colours ... in case they remove the least ordered they could maybe do a poll here in the forum of a selection of potential new colours ...
FYI and maybe a little reminder for some others.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1606644/
Playing with this colourfinder is very funny. there is also a sort of poll.

I think the slipstreams are the issue. White looks great with good wheels. The old double 5-spoke wheels looked far better than the slipstreams. The slipstreams have too wide of an edge, which makes them look smaller than 19". If I had to get them, I'd black-out part of the edge, between the spokes.

Completely agree.
The slipstreams degrade the look of the car substantially IMO.

There are better wheel packages on a Honda Civic or Accord versus the terrible look of the slipstreams.

FWIW: Model S owner...with Slipstreams currently :)

I have Midnight Silver Metalic. I found a perfect match on line. They send the paint-- mixed to the paint code, clear coat and polishing liquid. Also have specific instruction on their site to help get a perfect finish. When I completed and buffed scratches on my rear deck I could find any signs of them -- even in bright sun light. Here is the web site: Automotive Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch - Order Pro Grade Paint - PaintScratch.com

Which of their products did you use? Pen, bottle, spray?
Thanks

Solid white is a very popular car color. Can't understand why Tesla would stop offering it. This reminds me of when Tesla stopped offering light silver, an even more popular car color. Several months later that silver was back as a color choice.

The loss of Titanium Metallic is unfortunate. I see quite a few Teslas that color in my area. That is my favorite color and was my preference for my future Model 3.

I wouldn't bet on them being gone forever. I hope not, anyway - I went with Titanium and I'm happy with the choice; I've gotten quite a few compliments on the color, too.