Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Say hello to my (not so) little friend!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spectrum

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
Atlanta
Hi guys! I've been lurking this forum for the past 2 months and can't believe how quickly they vanished. I finally took delivery of my Model X after just a little confusion about delivery location (see that thread here), and an otherwise painless delivery process. The delivery took about 20 minutes from start to finish. They (Tesla Alpharetta-Roswell) had over 150 Model 3's for delivery in the next few days and like, 3 Model X's (including mine).

Issues
I know you are all itching to know about any horrific issues I encountered, because that's all people post here. My car had no issues that would make me want to reject delivery. Here was what I did find (because nothing is perfect), listed in order of negativity:
  • I found a round, quarter-sized glass scratch under the B-pillar AP camera
  • A/C makes a rustling sound inside the car at lower fan speeds (what could this be? low freon? the sound could be compared almost to an old, misfiring V8 engine, but obviously less loud)
  • Rear passenger proximity sensor sometimes detects ghosts
  • There were a couple, subtle greasy fingerprints on the light headliner
  • The car was poorly cleaned. There are water spots everywhere and chalk marks, scuff marks, and fingers prints all over the car. This is a non-issue for me though.

A few Picturez (because @P85_DA made me ;))
IMG_2218.jpg IMG_2220.jpg IMG_2241.jpg

Wow congrats !! Beautiful color combo liking that wood !!! AC seems odd for sure have them fix that ..the FWD sensor issues just ask @outie about those ;)

Thanks!!

Used the FWD’s a lot so far and so far no issues, but I haven’t really tried them in many risky places. I don’t know if they will fix the A/C though? My 15 year old precious car made the same sound but I’m sure it’s not right. BMW’s don’t.

Reactions: P85_DA
Hey guys, on another note, found two new issues today. The driver sun visor rattles when going over rough roads. It’s kinda annoying when it’s right near my ear. Another thing is that the front driver window goes up and down really slowly and sometimes putting it up causes the silver exterior trim to get pulled up with it :(

Hey guys, on another note, found two new issues today. The driver sun visor rattles when going over rough roads. It’s kinda annoying when it’s right near my ear. Another thing is that the front driver window goes up and down really slowly and sometimes putting it up causes the silver exterior trim to get pulled up with it :(

They just need to recalibrate ..mine did same thing as the rubber seals were tight ...for sure they should fix the ac based on sound u described

• Disagree
Reactions: Numonefan
I have the same thing with the windows - it’s on the punch list for it’s first visit to the SC on 16th

Some updates! Tesla fixed everything in my original list (except A/C, which they said seemed normal), including a (somewhat) major issue where a piece of chrome trim literally fell off of the outside of the driver door, and since it supported the glass, the window came out of its nesting place and rattled violently. I called Tesla and they took care of it literally the next morning. Awesome service.

There are still a couple permanent fixes needed for this issue which required ordering parts, and these things will hopefully be resolved soon. The A/C might get checked out again, because it seems to condense a lot of water, creating a pool wherever I park.

The only new issue that has popped up after 600 miles is a rattle. Turns out, the vent on the side of the trunk (inside left) is loose and rattles profusely. Tesla said they will replace that in the next service.

Lovely car, nice to see another cream interior, I have the exact same spec on order (inventory car) but with 20" silver wheels.

Any chance of seeing a few more interior shots?

Glad your issues are "fairly" minor

Thanks! I am out of town but can send you some as soon as I can! I love the interior, and everyone who has seen it agrees.

There are still a couple permanent fixes needed for this issue which required ordering parts, and these things will hopefully be resolved soon. The A/C might get checked out again, because it seems to condense a lot of water, creating a pool wherever I park.

Unless you are experiencing exceptionally dry weather in Atlanta (highly unlikely I assume), if it does NOT do that, something is wrong. The more condensate you see, the better the system is working.