Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Say no to Saudi Arabia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been heavily invested in Elon for years. Financially too, but what I mean here is emotionally. Tesla and other ventures, The whole mission. It's been the one bright spot in this otherwise pretty dismal world. It's been my main passion. I'm to take delivery soon, finally, and I don't even feel like it any more.

What do we have here? Norway? No, they can't. Page? No, not interested I guess. Buffet? No. Anyone normal and decent? No. We have the Kingdom of Horrors.

Beheadings,. Cutting off hands. Public executions for fun. They even crucified a man several days ago. Beheaded him and crucified him.

Death penalty to those who try to leave Islam. Lashings for women who were raped.

9/11.

It's an evil country.

I feel like the sun has gone out.

OP, then tell Tesla that you'd like them to stay as a publicly traded company (e.g. using [email protected] and [email protected]).

Another option might be to convert all public shares to private shares, with each investor being asked first. I'm not sure if that's been done before though. A new structure would probably need to be set up by Tesla so new investors can buy private-class shares as well.

Why does everything have to be about religion and race. We’re all human, the same race, there is only one race.

Sure I hate their position on woman and almost everything but they understand that oil is dead and trying to diversify their portfolio and if doing that excelerates the move to EVs then so be it.

Life isn’t perfect and full of compromises but I’m sure Elon will stay true to the mission.

My MX “when I get it” is still the same it was last month or next month regardless of who’s funding Tesla.

I mean they already own 5% stake and if most investors keep with Tesla and go private then they won’t need to take as much from them, if everyone agrees and they keep all shares private “no one crashes out” then they wouldn’t need any money to do it.

Life isn’t perfect and full of compromises but I’m sure Elon will stay true to the mission.

I agree with this. At the end of the day becoming private will be a better thing for the company, too many investors are too hung up on quarterly results rather than seeing the bigger picture. You don't see other companies such as Ford receiving 500,000 pre-orders for the next Ford Focus. It's obvious that the Saudis will have to diversify their wealth away from oil anyway, It'd be dumb for them to try and steer Tesla from what they're already doing, it's obviously working!

(also good to see someone from the NW on here ;))

I don’t want to get into an argument but if it’s not about religion why bother saying your Jewish.

Why weight does that have on the discussion.

As I say I don’t want to take the discussion off topic or start an argument but the discussion is agnostic of religion to the point what religion we are is irrelevant.

I said that in reply to someone who was quoting the New Testament. I was explaining that I haven't read it, and why. Thanks.

LOL Really... Let's take a little closer look at the stats. Because based on the stats the U.S. could learn a few things. Not saying I agree with what happens over there.
SUADI.png

1. Don’t make the racist mistake of lumping all Saudi Arabians, their government, and their businesses together. That’s like saying foreign companies shouldn’t do business in the USA because of the current administration and policies.
2. Any business/investment dealings between Tesla and Saudi Arabia would be a drop in the bucket compared to the overall business/investment dealings between USA/North America/“The West” and Saudia Arabia. Where’s the outrage with that?
3. What about China? Not the best human rights record there either yet we’re still doing business with them, and using our influence to improve things. Where’s the outrage over Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai?

Last edited: