Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Say no to Saudi Arabia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People really are uninformed about the massive changes happening in Saudi Arabia. New leadership is purging the extremists that include the Muslim Brotherhood and Islamic terror networks. This also involves a massive anti-corruption purge and a subsequent destruction of a vast financial network that leads back to many foreign individuals and governments. Justin from Canada appears to be the latest victim.

You have to be careful with who you listen to because they may have a financial motive to support the actions of the old regime that included the 9/11 financing.

• Disagree
Reactions: felixculpas
People really are uninformed about the massive changes happening in Saudi Arabia. New leadership is purging the extremists that include the Muslim Brotherhood and Islamic terror networks. This also involves a massive anti-corruption purge and a subsequent destruction of a vast financial network that leads back to many foreign individuals and governments. Justin from Canada appears to be the latest victim.

You have to be careful with who you listen to because they may have a financial motive to support the actions of the old regime that included the 9/11 financing.

LOL. Does locking all your cousins up in a hotel and shaking them down for billions upon threat of arrest count as reducing corruption? I think he's trading in a gang of thugs for one big thug.

Time will tell.

Nothing like a totalitarian regime to dampen crime. Getting your hand cut off for shoplifting tends to discourage bad behavior. North Korea also has a very low crime rate. You're suggesting the US learn a few things from dictatorships about how to lower crime?

The stats are horrible for the USA compared to any western democracy too.

The stats are horrible for the USA compared to any western democracy too.

I'm really not getting you. Any non-American can tell you their gun laws are moronic. Anyone. That has absolutely ZERO to do with the fact you will be crucified for walking down the street in Saudi Arabia and telling someone that Allah is a false prophet. You're diverting the discussion for reasons unknown. I can walk safely through America without fear of the state impinging my personal liberty (for the most part). The same cannot be said of Saudi Arabia. This has ZERO to do with wider American socio-political issues you're trying to bring into the conversation.

He and his father are actually part of a different faction and are on the side of reform. I can tell you are unfamiliar with the history of Saudi Arabia so I suggest you do some reading.

Nah, I really don't care that much. I'll wait & see how things shake out. though I'd say his shakedown of the Cdn gov't is a little offside with your rosy narrative.

Last edited:
This could be good.

If Musk doesn't meet his production goals, he could get lashes by the Saudis.

Stoning of the management if they miss their earnings projections too.

It's a great motivator!

The small downside is that if Tesla does well, you are essentially propping up a regime with a history of blatant human rights violations.

• Funny
Reactions: cdub
You guys know what? Don't sweat the small stuff. Let's approach this issue from a first principles perspective - the Elon Musk angle:
The climate is taking serious damage from our use of fossil fuels. Because it will take some more decades of even centuries for humanity to become multi planetary (working on that too with SpaceX) it's really important that we switch to sustainable transportation (Tesla) and energy generation (Tesla Energy) on Earth so we survive the interim period and don't destabilize our civilization more than necessary, as this will slow down progress on the Big Goal: becoming a multi planetary species.

Now, does anyone really think it matters where the money comes from for Elon? I mean for him money is just a means to an end. He cares not about accumulating wealth but only about money as a tool to make progress. Of course Elon has little regard for backwards Arabian wahabbi tribal Muslims. Just as he has little regard for greedy Wall Street bankers, for crazy Christian Republicans, for Democrat corrupt politicians etc. In the future he envisions there's no room for religious bickering, for nations playing zero sum political games, for war, for short-sighted greed, for FUD-slinging etc etc etc.

A hundred years from now who's going to remember where the money came from? Who's going to remember the last name of the warlord who happened to be in control of Riyadh when the oil was found? Who going to remember Trump's antics? Who had the biggest fortune in 2018? Sure, it will be there on the history books, but it won't be important. Just as it seems to us now just a detail in a history book who happened to sit on the English throne in 1745, or what flag was on the flag pole in Constantinople in 1857, or how many people were killed in the Russo-Japanese war of 1905 and what territory was claimed and lost in that war. But a hundred years from now every child will still learn about Newton, Einstein, Neil Armstrong, and most definitely about Elon Musk. And hopefully they will do this neither as Muslims, Christians or atheist nor as Americans, Germans or Saudis but rather as humans who live in a global, multi planetary, well coordinated, peaceful, rational and compassionate civilization without nation states, without economic incentives for war, perverse incentives, manipulation of others, oppression, destructive behavior toward fellow humans or nature for short term economic gain or for power.

Don't get hung up on the insignificant details. Let the man do his thing.

You guys know what? Don't sweat the small stuff. Let's approach this issue from a first principles perspective - the Elon Musk angle:
The climate is taking serious damage from our use of fossil fuels. Because it will take some more decades of even centuries for humanity to become multi planetary (working on that too with SpaceX) it's really important that we switch to sustainable transportation (Tesla) and energy generation (Tesla Energy) on Earth so we survive the interim period and don't destabilize our civilization more than necessary, as this will slow down progress on the Big Goal: becoming a multi planetary species.

Now, does anyone really think it matters where the money comes from for Elon? I mean for him money is just a means to an end. He cares not about accumulating wealth but only about money as a tool to make progress. Of course Elon has little regard for backwards Arabian wahabbi tribal Muslims. Just as he has little regard for greedy Wall Street bankers, for crazy Christian Republicans, for Democrat corrupt politicians etc. In the future he envisions there's no room for religious bickering, for nations playing zero sum political games, for war, for short-sighted greed, for FUD-slinging etc etc etc.

A hundred years from now who's going to remember where the money came from? Who's going to remember the last name of the warlord who happened to be in control of Riyadh when the oil was found? Who going to remember Trump's antics? Who had the biggest fortune in 2018? Sure, it will be there on the history books, but it won't be important. Just as it seems to us now just a detail in a history book who happened to sit on the English throne in 1745, or what flag was on the flag pole in Constantinople in 1857, or how many people were killed in the Russo-Japanese war of 1905 and what territory was claimed and lost in that war. But a hundred years from now every child will still learn about Newton, Einstein, Neil Armstrong, and most definitely about Elon Musk. And hopefully they will do this neither as Muslims, Christians or atheist nor as Americans, Germans or Saudis but rather as humans who live in a global, multi planetary, well coordinated, peaceful, rational and compassionate civilization without nation states, without economic incentives for war, perverse incentives, manipulation of others, oppression, destructive behavior toward fellow humans or nature for short term economic gain or for power.

Don't get hung up on the insignificant details. Let the man do his thing.

Damn that was a great post.

I've been heavily invested in Elon for years. Financially too, but what I mean here is emotionally. Tesla and other ventures, The whole mission. It's been the one bright spot in this otherwise pretty dismal world. It's been my main passion. I'm to take delivery soon, finally, and I don't even feel like it any more.

What do we have here? Norway? No, they can't. Page? No, not interested I guess. Buffet? No. Anyone normal and decent? No. We have the Kingdom of Horrors.

Beheadings,. Cutting off hands. Public executions for fun. They even crucified a man several days ago. Beheaded him and crucified him.

Death penalty to those who try to leave Islam. Lashings for women who were raped.

9/11.

It's an evil country.

I feel like the sun has gone out.
All of what you wrote is from fake news. It is precisely the things you complain about that KSA is fighting against. Precisely the things you are complaining about is what the enemies of KSA do. What's more, KSA is very humanitarian in how it fights wars: it kills the minimum number of people necessary. But, in that area, there are some things that are necessary. Unless you live in that area, you don't have an opportunity to see firsthand how things are done. Furthermore, even if you do live there, it is very bad, with Iran Mullahs causing all sorts of evil, so it would be difficult to research what is going on without getting killed. But you can know one thing for certain: fake news is bought out and lying to you. Don't get your information from fake news; they are the enemy.

It is precisely because KSA is doing the right thing that there is such heavy propaganda against them.
It is precisely because Tesla is doing the right thing that there is such heavy propaganda agsinst them.

Same same same. You can see it in the Tesla news feed today: all agitating for the worst outcome for Tesla from every angle. They can't even stop from contradicting themselves, and they're all negative. The old news media is just garbage. Ignore it. They aren't built to handle real issues like this. Go there for your Hollywood gossip fiction and throw them out after that.

Reactions: hockeythug