Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SB 1415 is fixed— No need to come to the Capitol on Thursday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's the case I would have expected an updated email to be sent out. There's also no indication of any change to the text of the bill either in its history or in the actual text.

I'm not sure either. I work for Smart Charge America and a substantial amount of our business comes from Tesla and we don't want anything passed that hurts our business. The owner of our company is there, and was there yesterday, so hopefully the presence of a small and local business will help sway the vote. It also helps that everyone at our company sent a ton of emails too! :D

I'm assuming that it's someone trying to pull a fast one until I hear otherwise from Tesla. By which I mean I intend to go.

Turns out there was a substitution in the bill and Karen Steakly stated that the new wording was not objectionable to Tesla. A rep from Revian was there to speak, as was @bollar. It was an interesting experience I hope to never have to repeat.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
See you in 2021...
Or maybe this Tuesday. The House companion to SB 1415, which is HB 2940, was just posted for committee hearing on Tuesday 8 AM. So unless there’s a committee substitute for that one too, we’ll all get to give the testimony we had prepared for today.

Fortunately I live in Austin and didn’t have to make an unnecessary trip when I heard last night that Hancock agreed to the committee substitute and Tesla dropped its objection, but by then all the out of town people were probably already in Austin or on their way here. I hope the committee substitute for the House bill, if it happens, will be agreed to earlier than the evening before the meeting.

Turns out there was a substitution in the bill and Karen Steakly stated that the new wording was not objectionable to Tesla. A rep from Revian was there to speak, as was @bollar. It was an interesting experience I hope to never have to repeat.

Here's a new article if you wanted to read more about the bill.
Image-159_1554408175691_80655080_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg
"Crisis averted" Texas Tesla owners say after amendment to state bill

Or maybe this Tuesday. The House companion to SB 1415, which is HB 2940, was just posted for committee hearing on Tuesday 8 AM. So unless there’s a committee substitute for that one too, we’ll all get to give the testimony we had prepared for today.

Fortunately I live in Austin and didn’t have to make an unnecessary trip when I heard last night that Hancock agreed to the committee substitute and Tesla dropped its objection, but by then all the out of town people were probably already in Austin or on their way here. I hope the committee substitute for the House bill, if it happens, will be agreed to earlier than the evening before the meeting.
We visited with Representative Geren a couple of weeks ago and he indicated the language on the House side would resolve the Tesla language issue.

Hancock is my Senator, so from my perspective the testimony from several of his constituents was necessary.

Reactions: thenaimis