Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC check my battery Remotely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this from the SC to test my battery and its does not seem right to me.

2016 model s 70
63,900 miles on on it

—————————-

this is Tesla Service Costa Mesa. So we reviewed your range concern and found currently there are no issues with your battery. We performed a battery health check and no concerning issues were detected. We reviewed a timeframe when you charged up to 200 miles on 9/25. The vehicle was driven 128 miles over the next 5 days with a remaining range of 14 miles which is 186 rated miles used. A few things seen in logs that will affect range are short trips, A/C usage, speeds in excess of 65 miles per hour, and long periods between charge/discharge cycles. Note that rated miles is based off EPA rating and their testing methodology may not match your driving styles and/or habits. Since an appointment is not needed at this time we can go ahead and close out your appointment. Thank you. Reply STOP to unsubscribe.

We reviewed a timeframe when you charged up to 200 miles on 9/25. The vehicle was driven 128 miles over the next 5 days with a remaining range of 14 miles which is 186 rated miles used.
This sounds completely normal. The car uses up some noticeable amounts of range when it's sitting, so if you are trying to add up many short trips with a lot of sitting over the course of several days, you are going to have a lot of vampire drain using up the extra, and getting 186 out of 200 is pretty good.

This sounds completely normal. The car uses up some noticeable amounts of range when it's sitting, so if you are trying to add up many short trips with a lot of sitting over the course of several days, you are going to have a lot of vampire drain using up the extra, and getting 186 out of 200 is pretty good.

Completely agree with this. I was feeling the same annoyance/obsession when I first picked up my '13 85 and started really keeping track. With MCU1, the vampire drain while parked/idle was pretty significant (around 5% a day, which in your case, after 5 days, would be around ~40-60mi of range. Rough, rough estimate, of course). Definitely adds up if you take the high range. 128 miles driven, 60 miles of vampire drain, 14 miles left puts it just over the estimate at 202 miles, and this assumes you drove exactly how EPA rated it.

MCU2 has reduced the vampire drain (at least for me), but I have since turned off any mileage/consumption reads on my displays and only toggle it if I'm about to take a trip the next day to see whether or not I really need to charge. So, in my opinion, if your drives are not lengthy and you're needing to charge it every day for that reason, turn off any mileage/consumption reads and charge based off your percentage reads whenever you get low enough (20-30% is where I tend to start, and my limit is set to 90%) and just enjoy the car!