Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC finally found the rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those "rumble strips" are actually used to settle the suspension. And for those uninformed my two Volts (2012 and 2103) are as tight and quiet as ANY car made anywhere by any manufacture. And willing to offer test drives to prove it.

If if in the St Louis area and want to take me up on my offer let me know.

I couldn't agree more. My 2011 Volt is absolutely amazing. Handing it to my kiddo for his 16th B-day and getting my MS!

Those "rumble strips" are actually used to settle the suspension. And for those uninformed my two Volts (2012 and 2103) are as tight and quiet as ANY car made anywhere by any manufacture. And willing to offer test drives to prove it.

If if in the St Louis area and want to take me up on my offer let me know.

Don't have to convince me - you're preaching to the choir. My 2011 Volt is solid as a rock, quiet and a real pleasure to drive. Just wish it would go further on a charge!

On my relatively new 85, over certain pavement, I get a slight vibrating rattle/buzz. First, I blamed it on Baltimore's terrible roads but it's happened a couple other places. The pavement needs to be relatively even, meaning no bumps or holes or dips, but just coarse enough that there is moderate road vibration transferred to the car.

After some experimentation (and probably unsafe driving positions...) I think that I've tracked it down, not to the dash (where it sounded like it was coming from initially), but to the 12V cover or the new little grille near where the USB ports are. I can muss around with that area, applying pressure in different places and get the sound to subside.

Do you have a USB stick in one of the USB slots? I had an issue like yours, and it turned out a part on the USB stick was vibrating.