Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC in Cham, Switzerland swapped HW 2.0 for 2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been a difficult week with an unforeseen but happy ending.

I had to take my Tesla to the SC three times. For those on the other side of the Pond, it is a 2.5 hour drive across the Alps, from Lugano to Cham.

Problems were Falcon doors sensors and Bluetooth issues. To make a long story short, last friday they decided to grab the bull by the horns and perform a full CPU swap.

All went well and now I am upgraded to 2.5! The car feels exactly the same.

I am sure this has been discussed at lenght, however I wanted to share that this upgrade is actually doable.

Merry Christmas to all.

Yeah; usually you get a PDF emailed to you. It’s always been offered to me. And I didn’t know this swap was even possible to do with all the comments about new liquid cooled CPU and all that.

I wonder if they just swapped it and someone told someone something (not you) and it got mistranslated. (Like new cpu meaning new cpu but not 2.5.....?)

Yeah; usually you get a PDF emailed to you. It’s always been offered to me. And I didn’t know this swap was even possible to do with all the comments about new liquid cooled CPU and all that.

I wonder if they just swapped it and someone told someone something (not you) and it got mistranslated. (Like new cpu meaning new cpu but not 2.5.....?)

This pdf thing must be american. I have own more than 30 cars in the last 40 yars and have only received verbal descriptions of what was done. On the other hand when I was driving German, service visits outside of regular maintenance were virtually nil.

There was no misundertanding. I spoke in German with the SC director who was truly sorry about my misfortunes. He clearly stated in was the new 2.5 unit.

This is borderline skeptical / sketchy, without an invoice, and based on the users "symptoms" there's NO reason to swap the APE and the radar, and Tesla wouldn't do that lightly.

The door sensors are not part of FSD and the bluetooth isn't even connected to the APE. Invoice or this didn't happen.

This is borderline skeptical / sketchy, without an invoice, and based on the users "symptoms" there's NO reason to swap the APE and the radar, and Tesla wouldn't do that lightly.

The door sensors are not part of FSD and the bluetooth isn't even connected to the APE. Invoice or this didn't happen.

I also personally know some AP2 owners who did need ECU swaps and they still got AP2.0 parts, not AP2.5.

I’m not surprised the OP was told by the SC that this is what happened. Unfortunately when I was with BMW I got fed this kind of BS by the service manager all the time (we replaced this part with the one from the M5 so it’s heavier duty).... but I find it really hard to believe too that the swap happened.

If I were the OP, I would open an executive escalation to ask what happened to his car.

Tesla has a new Autopilot ‘2.5’ hardware suite with more computing power for autonomous driving

Just to be confirmed: based on the previous article, is this correct that all Model S, Model X, and Model 3 vehicles being ordered today (9 August 2017) come with the new hardware HW 2.5.
And how do you know, HW 2.5 is installed in your car

You can query your car using the Tesla API (TeslaFi's "View Raw API data" view could do it for you) to get the list of option codes, or copy the URL of your car's image in MyTesla, and run it through the decoder: Tesla Model S Options Decoder

Reactions: boaterva