Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC in Hopewell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
uploadfromtaptalk1406943784043.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1406943797365.jpg

Only one bay opened. There is no spec. on the charger so I don't know the kw of it.

Did you notice the charging rate, when it was fastest, i.e. how many km charging pr hour?
uploadfromtaptalk1406955912219.jpg

It is not fast because it was over 80% full. I didn't need the charge, just wanna try it.

Also, if you look at the picture carefully, the car is hard to get into the spot with the partitions beside the spot (the parking's manager also said that and he said this is Tesla's decision to keep so little space..). I guess only 1.5 to 2 inches from each side mirror.

It seems like everything in Hong Kong has to be undersized, crammed, claustrophobic - whether sidewalk, supermarket aisle, apartment, parking lot. A minimalistic way of life! It's good so many people are so slim in Hong Kong, that surely helps! Reminder to self: Get rid of those extra 10 kgs ... Oh, I just had ice cream - again.

Hong Kong Supercharge has the latest model Supercharge right now at the moment as Jerome mention at the First launch. If I remember correctly, when the battery is almost empty (around 50-60km) and using the supercharge, it will charge with 300A 360V around 420-530 km/h. But this is be very depend the temperature, battery range...etc. Depend of the battery %, it will be higher or lower of the Amps when it is charging. Recommend that when you are going to charge, make sure the charge port don't have a lot of water and pust the wall connector all the way in. Make sure the amps go up to first before you walk away.

Edit:

Forgot to say that if you charge your car using the same unit as the car next to you, it will lower the Amps to share to the other car when is charging. The best is if there is a car at 1A sport, use the 2A, 2B, 3A or 3B. That may be not lower the Amps when you are charging ( not sure ).

Last edited:
Forgot to say that if you charge your car using the same unit as the car next to you, it will lower the Amps to share to the other car when is charging. The best is if there is a car at 1A sport, use the 2A, 2B, 3A or 3B. That may be not lower the Amps when you are charging ( not sure ).

The way it works is that 1A and 1B share the same Supercharger. 2A and 2B share the same Supercharger. The Supercharger themselves is actually in the white boxes in the back of that picture, the stand with the Tesla logo is just the plug and cable holder. So if a car is charging at 1A, avoid using 1B if possible. You'll share the charge. It might not be a big deal because they may be at the low end of the taper curve and your car's State of Charge (SoC) might not be low enough to run at full speed anyways, so then both of you would be at the fastest charging speed.

Looking at the nameplate on the Supercharger cabinet, there is a chance that it may max out at 114kW DC. Here's my logic - Common power in Hong Kong is 220V L-N, 380V L-L. The 380V is allowed according to the nameplate. The maximum input amperage on the nameplate is 192A. 220 * 3 * 192 = 126,720W. Applying a 90% conversion efficiency, you get about 114kW DC. The Superchargers installed in North America are fed by a transformer putting out 277V L-N, 480V L-L. However, I believe the 12 chargers that make up each cabinet are power limited and depending on the input voltage, may be limited either by total power or maximum current. This is definitely true when the same charger module is used in the Model S for AC charging. I suspect that the NA Superchargers only draw about 180A total, but the HK ones will be limited by the 192A nameplate limit when run on 380VAC HK power.

It will be interesting to see how much power two cars combined can draw from a Supercharger cabinet in HK.