TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

SC in Kai Tat

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by shanghai_knight, Aug 16, 2014.

1. shanghai_knight

Went to Kai Tat supercharger today. They have 4 bays. Costs $12/hr to enter. No clear sign showing where the supercharger is when entering the cruise terminal. The security people at the front gate has no clue of where a Tesla can charge at the car park. Tesla really needs to improve the signage and education of car park people. Also think charging $ to use supercharger does not follow Tesla's spirit of "use the supercharger for free forever"... Lastly, the ground at supercharger there is very dusty / dirty. Obviously it is the leftover of the construction materials for building the superchargers. Don't think it is that hard to clean it up a bit...

2. sonywong

sonywong Member

It cost $8/hours on weekdays

3. JohnxII

JohnxII Member

Was going to EMax for shopping. Carpark full. Decided to try Kaitak Supercharger. Bad signage even when getting to the terminal. Asked gate staff about travel connection, he said only 1 minibus line and 1 bus line... turned back to queue for EMax carpark instead. 13A is better than nothing I guess...

4. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

I don't think you can say that Tesla is charging for use of the Supercharger at Kai Tak when the owner of the car park charges an entry fee. Realistically, if you do enter, you can charge for 20-40 minutes and have a decent charge and go to the shops. It's a small investment in time.

5. capt666

capt666 Member

Are there any shops or cafes om Kai Tak?

6. sonywong

sonywong Member

no, nothing there....only thing you can do is charging.

7. River Leung

River Leung Member

There is a park on the roof where you can have 270' view of the Victoria harbor. You can go down to the Kai Tak Runway Park, there is big lawn there.
    IMG_1620.jpg

8. JohnxII

JohnxII Member

Are dogs allowed there?

9. River Leung

River Leung Member

IMG_1619.JPG

10. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

In other words.. No Fun Allowed.

11. JohnxII

JohnxII Member

Damn... unless I'm really desperate I'll stick to the Hopewell one I guess...