TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SC in San Clemente

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by mackgoo, Jan 1, 2015.

1. mackgoo

mackgoo Member

Hello everyone. Developers are in the process of constructing a new outlet mall right off the 5 at Vista Hermosa. This seems a perfect place for SC station and getting in during construction may make SC install a little easier also. I've already contacted Tesla and they called me back just to take information. Do you think if everyone who had a vested interest in seeing a SC station here contacted Tesla to suggest this site to them we may have better odds in getting it in?

2. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Well I think they're looking a Oceanside already. SJC being just up the road would make San Clemente less likely, but you never know. SJC is way over capacity.

3. Gabbydog

Gabbydog New Member

Oceanside would be great, Carlsbad even better.

4. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

Yep. Oceanside or just north of Oceanside would be great. By doing this, a higher percentage of users would actually be on a road trip. The problem with the SJC supercharger is that it's overrun with locals. For this reason, Superchargers are generally placed by Tesla between population centers (not within them).

BTW: I live in San Clemente. If a supercharger was placed here it would be overrun with locals.

5. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

like SJC?

6. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

Yep. There's TONS of Teslas in south orange county.