TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SC recommends paint job

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by steilkurve, Jun 5, 2018.

1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

So I was doing the walk around with the tech when dropping off my X for its annual inspection. I didn’t ask but he mentioned they could send the car to the body shop to fix the paint damaged from the FWD rubbing against the body. Mentioned they repaint and then apply a 3M tape for safety. Anybody done it and is it worth? Did it keep the problem from reappearing? Thanks.

2. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

#2 r0xx0r, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    No, it isn’t. The rubbing is still happening, but the tape saved it all.

They did upgrade my pinch sensors to the newer version. The bodyshop did some aluminum works on the door. Changed the pinch points, it is shorter than the original. Also, they aren’t good at putting panels back. I got more squeaky sounds on the doors after serviced. IMG_2870.jpg

Attached Files:

3. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Thanks. Would you do it all over again despite the new creaks? Just evaluating if it’s worth it.

4. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

Yes, I would. We have to deal with squeaky sounds because of Tesla’s fancy snap-in components. I will let them check it in my next appointment.

5. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

There are new FWD parts “available” that supposedly cure the FWD door rub problem. I’ve been waiting for all of them to show up at my SC for a month now.