Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC summon cars? The truly automated SC station.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought and I'm sure the tesla team has thought of this, would it be great instead of waiting for open spots at the SC, we can just park near a SC or in the same parking lot and when one car is done charging, the sc summon it to an available parking spot and summon the next car to charge. I think it's very possible and would save a lot of hassle and time.

Thoughts?

Just a thought and I'm sure the tesla team has thought of this, would it be great instead of waiting for open spots at the SC, we can just park near a SC or in the same parking lot and when one car is done charging, the sc summon it to an available parking spot and summon the next car to charge. I think it's very possible and would save a lot of hassle and time.

Thoughts?

It's been discussed a few times, with some minor variations. I do think it's a fairly likely development in the mid term - maybe three or five years.

One challenge for Tesla is that they still have a large installed base of non-AP cars that can never self-valet to support, so you wouldn't want to make a site only summon/self valet - but you also wouldn't want the hand driven cars jumping into the middle of the computer planned sequence.

Possibly have a few self park stalls and then a section that can only be reached by cars that drive themselves? Also, by the time they can actually roll something like this out, there will likely be a more advanced sensor set on a few cars - do you differentiate them as well?

Obviously, the ideal form would have the car drop you off and pick you up from the nearby restaurant/mall entrance...
Walter

"Obviously, the ideal form would have the car drop you off and pick you up from the nearby restaurant/mall entrance..."

Possibly an enhanced Valet parking service for restaurants near SuperChargers? Not sure how valets would know to retrieve charge-completed cars, though.