TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

SC summon cars? The truly automated SC station.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by socals85d, Jan 12, 2016.

1. socals85d

socals85d New Member

Just a thought and I'm sure the tesla team has thought of this, would it be great instead of waiting for open spots at the SC, we can just park near a SC or in the same parking lot and when one car is done charging, the sc summon it to an available parking spot and summon the next car to charge. I think it's very possible and would save a lot of hassle and time.

Thoughts?

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Not anytime soon, regardless of what Elon musk says.

3. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Yes, I had that thought yesterday. Once that robotic charging arm is operational, we can continue shopping and dining while our cars move in and out of charging spots. Or pick us back up at the other end of the mall!

4. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

It's been discussed a few times, with some minor variations. I do think it's a fairly likely development in the mid term - maybe three or five years.

One challenge for Tesla is that they still have a large installed base of non-AP cars that can never self-valet to support, so you wouldn't want to make a site only summon/self valet - but you also wouldn't want the hand driven cars jumping into the middle of the computer planned sequence.

Possibly have a few self park stalls and then a section that can only be reached by cars that drive themselves? Also, by the time they can actually roll something like this out, there will likely be a more advanced sensor set on a few cars - do you differentiate them as well?

Obviously, the ideal form would have the car drop you off and pick you up from the nearby restaurant/mall entrance...
    Walter

5. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

"Obviously, the ideal form would have the car drop you off and pick you up from the nearby restaurant/mall entrance..."

Possibly an enhanced Valet parking service for restaurants near SuperChargers? Not sure how valets would know to retrieve charge-completed cars, though.