Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC01 FUSC not transferring??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what's the best way to tell that a dealer has SC01 transferrable supercharging? Looking at a buying a used X and willing to take a chance. model years?

Private sellers should be easier but most dealers around here are pretty clueless about TSLA

Thx! So my unicorn would be 2016 (October-December) X with AP2+ 3 rows. I can have dealer confirm AP2+ 3 rows.

FUSC with online access SC01 or 1 owner that hasn't been thru TSLA
I just bought a used 2018 Model S with FSD from a 3rd party dealer and made sure they got the car from a trade in and not from a Tesla auction. The FSD transferred over to my account when I activated it. Not free supercharging cause it didn't have that but the same principle should apply.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and henderrj
I purchase my car new, delivered on June 30, 2016.

if you can see the car in your Tesla account, you can go to manage, then right click on the image of the car, copy, and then paste this into a document as text. You'll see an HTML string, but imbedded in it you will see the option codes for the car. It it shows SC01, then that's transferrable. If it's SC04, then it was a supercharging option that was free from the prior owner, but does not transfer.
Thank you PCMc. Searching everywhere but you are the only one I found who gives clear directions. Is there anyway to do this on a phone(right click).

I purchase my car new, delivered on June 30, 2016.

if you can see the car in your Tesla account, you can go to manage, then right click on the image of the car, copy, and then paste this into a document as text. You'll see an HTML string, but imbedded in it you will see the option codes for the car. It it shows SC01, then that's transferrable. If it's SC04, then it was a supercharging option that was free from the prior owner, but does not transfer.

Has any one been successful for converting SC04 to 01, eg for customer service type issues. One can always hope ;)

Last edited:
Far as I know, EAP is the same as AP1? It does lane following and distance-from-forward-traffic following on the highway, changes lanes when you use the indicators, uses ultrasonic sensors and radar.... The only (major) flaw I have found is that it DOES NOT SEE solid objects in the lane such as construction barrels.

I feel like the forward looking camera should have a special awareness of that international orange color that is used for construction signage and obstacles, and alert / disengage when it sees that color. AP1 has successfully driven me nearly all the way from Florida to California (via Wyoming) but it forked up and didn't see a damn barrel and I clipped one before I got the thing disengaged. My fault, I was looking at something else for a moment and missed the entering construction zone.... BUT that could have been a lot worse if it was a wall. It seems the ultrasonics need at least a few seconds to recognize an object, and a barrel doesn't give that kind of time. So the system is definitely not perfect by any means - nor should it be trusted as such.

Far as I know, EAP is the same as AP1? It does lane following and distance-from-forward-traffic following on the highway, changes lanes when you use the indicators, uses ultrasonic sensors and radar.... The only (major) flaw I have found is that it DOES NOT SEE solid objects in the lane such as construction barrels.

I feel like the forward looking camera should have a special awareness of that international orange color that is used for construction signage and obstacles, and alert / disengage when it sees that color. AP1 has successfully driven me nearly all the way from Florida to California (via Wyoming) but it forked up and didn't see a damn barrel and I clipped one before I got the thing disengaged. My fault, I was looking at something else for a moment and missed the entering construction zone.... BUT that could have been a lot worse if it was a wall. It seems the ultrasonics need at least a few seconds to recognize an object, and a barrel doesn't give that kind of time. So the system is definitely not perfect by any means - nor should it be trusted as such.

A recently had a loaner X 2017 with "FSD" when my AP1 S was in for repair. I also have a friend with a model 3 with eap. There really isn't much a comparison between AP1 and anything with the full camera suite. The EAP does see construction coins, etc. Someone who uses it regularly can hopefully comment, but it does seem to avoid them on the highway. That's about the only time he uses EAP.

I will say that the FSD was much, much smoother than my AP1 on local roads and two lane highways, and didn't make anywhere near the mistakes it does. (They didn't call it highway autopilot when we purchased it, and promised it would one day work on local streets.) The FSD in the loaner was just the standard delivered, not the beta. Which is supposed to be vastly improved. It actually made me think, okay maybe this is worth some money. Still would have a hard time parting with $15,000 to get it, but I would certainly take it if it came with a vehicle! I'm pretty sure I would spend $5,000 no problem. But then, I'm retired so kind of cheap!

On the highway it was difficult to tell any great difference between the two. Clearly the FSD saw further ahead and made decisions, and the resultant movements, more smoothly. Oh, and I actually really appreciated the stopping for stop lights and signs. Again, it's not the new beta, so I had to push on the gas to go through even green lights, but I think I would have left it on had I kept the car. Well, should they have let me keep the car!

Overall the experience in the loaner was much better than ap1. So much so that we are considering upgrading just to get that. And the loaner was still on MCU1, so the displays weren't all that great.

I've read the full thread and thank you all for clearing up what I have to do to hopefully find a car that might successfully transfer SC01 FUSC. It almost sounds like a crapshoot, but at least I can improve the odds.

@DerbyDave,
I've only been researching Model S's for about a week now and your post confused me a little. I thought...
  1. That these come with an 8yr warranty on motor and battery which by your list below would it was originally purchased June 28th, 2020.
  2. But... I thought Full Unlimited Supercharging stopped being available as of ~ April, 2017.
Do you have some special thing going on? Are there newer used Model S's than 2017's that have FUSC?

Thanks.

If the transfer has been completed by Tesla, go to your account online, Mange your Tesla, and select Details. If Free Unlimited Supercharging is there, it has transferred to you.
View attachment 874120

FUSC will be possible (pending your verification of the option codes ONLY) on model S and X vehicles originally sold prior to about 1/31/2017 and delivered to their original owners prior to 4/1/2017.

After this point, the only free unlimited options that MAY have existed were SC05 to the original owner ONLY and the only way that's going to carry over is if the original owner gives you the Tesla account with the car. BUT that isn't guaranteed b/c if they ever happen to look or notice at a service visit that you aren't XYZ name in their computer from the account.... It's likely to be stripped.

YOU MUST VERIFY WITH THE OPTION CODES from the owner's tesla account. The reason for this is that while MOST cars sold / delivered from 2016 and prior should have supercharging.... Starting in 2019, if the car was ever traded back to Tesla or they got it at auction (even for a few minutes it would seem like) then Tesla themselves have stripped the supercharging and the premium connectivity from the car. A good indication without looking at the option codes, is that if the car's screen doesn't show premium connectivity as an "included package" then it likely has been stripped and FUSC is gone too.

Tesla repeatedly has stated that FUSC doesn't have any monetary value... Yet they have been doing this, and offering "deals" to get people to give it up on these older cars. CLEARLY there is a significant value that they don't want to admit to.