Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC01 FUSC not transferring??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You realize the tesla-info site that you are referencing is not an official Tesla resource, but a third party site, posting what they believe to be correct. I'm not trying to take shots at them in any way, but I do not feel you can treat is as absolute fact. If you go to the bottom of their home page you will find the following disclaimer in small print (bold font added by me for emphasis).

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Privacy and Cookie Policy. Your use of the tesla-info website is subject to these policies and terms. All data is provided on a reasonable endeavours basis but errors and omissions may exist. No data should be relied upon as being accurate and additional checks should be made if the information is material to any purchase or use of the car. We provide product listings on Amazon for which we will receive a small commission if you chose to buy.​
Yes I do realise this. I use that website because it is the most comprehensive source of info on these cars that I've been able to find online (except for this forum, but it's sometimes hard to find the exact info you need here using just the search function.. Their info is very accurate in most cases (as far as I can tell). Their inventory section is actually how I found the ad for my car

Reactions: bmah
I see. If you were to go to your car right now (i.e when you are NOT charging), under"Charging", would it say "No Recent Supercharging" OR would it say "Last charging session $0.00"?

I'm relieved to see this. This is very similar to what my car is showing right now.
Can I ask - when did you buy your car? Did you buy it from new?

The reason I'm worried about this "£0.00" thing is because of an article on tesla-info.com (here), which you can see a screenshot of attached

My car said 'No recent supercharging' when it was on the dealer's lot. However, it's now showing "£0.00" since I've bought it and I'm worried that this means the FUSC will go away if I claim ownership of the car with Tesla.
The info from that website is outdated as of a few OTA updates ago. Check the date on that article.

For the record, I've completed the transfer of ownership of the vehicle and the free charging seems to be retained
Hi. Im on the exactly same situation. I brought 2014 model S from third party dealer recently. Currently it has free premium connectivity and free supercharging. But I'm afraid to transfer the ownership through the app and lose them. So you did the transfer by yourself through the app and supercharge and connectivity stayed? Thanks

Hi. Im on the exactly same situation. I brought 2014 model S from third party dealer recently. Currently it has free premium connectivity and free supercharging. But I'm afraid to transfer the ownership through the app and lose them. So you did the transfer by yourself through the app and supercharge and connectivity stayed? Thanks
Interesting thread and relevant information for me as I begin my purchase journey. Stupid question, but isn't the whole point of SC01 vs. SC04, 5 that the FUSC is forever transferred with the car, as long as it's not a Tesla CPO where they strip everything?

Interesting thread and relevant information for me as I begin my purchase journey. Stupid question, but isn't the whole point of SC01 vs. SC04, 5 that the FUSC is forever transferred with the car, as long as it's not a Tesla CPO where they strip everything?
Actually, it doesn't have to be a Tesla CPO for them to strip it, it just has to have been in their possession (therefore they own/owned it) for any length of time. If Tesla decides to sell the car to another dealer vs offering it up for CPO, they can still strip FUSC, FSD, etc from the car. I believe the only thing I haven't heard of them stripping is the premium connectivity if it's included for the life of the vehicle.

Reactions: Fragger
Actually, it doesn't have to be a Tesla CPO for them to strip it, it just has to have been in their possession (therefore they own/owned it) for any length of time. If Tesla decides to sell the car to another dealer vs offering it up for CPO, they can still strip FUSC, FSD, etc from the car. I believe the only thing I haven't heard of them stripping is the premium connectivity if it's included for the life of the vehicle.
Do you know how to check for FUSC and FSD if the dealer has the car owned without having it in their Tesla account?

The key info you need to find out is if the dealer got the car from a Tesla auction. If so, FUSC and FSD will most likely be stripped *after* you purchase the car and register it to your own Tesla account.
Thank you for the information. What are the right questions to ask to make sure they got it from a Tesla auction vs. another kind of auction to make sure?

What other signs/checks can I make before the purchase, in your opinion/knowledge? Thanks!

The key info you need to find out is if the dealer got the car from a Tesla auction. If so, FUSC and FSD will most likely be stripped *after* you purchase the car and register it to your own Tesla account.
Thank you. Unfortunately, the dealer doesn't have this in their Tesla account or rather, they don't have a Tesla account at all... Is there another way to attain this string to decode OR options list?

Thank you for the information. What are the right questions to ask to make sure they got it from a Tesla auction vs. another kind of auction to make sure?

What other signs/checks can I make before the purchase, in your opinion/knowledge? Thanks!
If the dealer bought it from an auction, the auction will show up on Carfax. It won't say that it's a Tesla auction, but it's safest for you to assume that it was auctioned by Tesla.

If you want to find out for sure from the dealer, with proof, I guess you would have to ask the dealer to show you a copy of the back of the title document. Tesla would be listed as the most recent owner if the dealer bought it from a Tesla auction.

Tesla are an exceptionally petty company, run by a child.

The free premium connectivity and supercharging is MOST DEFINITELY stripped out - even as the company statements had been that it was retained for the "life of the vehicle" - all it takes is them getting their hands on the vehicle for a few minutes in between non-Tesla dealers.

That said - IF you have bought it with SC01 and premium connectivity - TAKE PHOTOS OF EVERY SCREEN AS PROOF in case that changes. Then you can go after them legally if they strip it at some point after you have taken delivery and gotten the car in your name. If you buy it with XYZ feature at the time, then it should remain with that feature.

My 2014 displayed "no recent supercharging" up until a software update around July or so this year, then it started saying $0.00 for each charging event - caused me no small amount of heartburn too, but nothing has changed and I've supercharged somewhere around 19,600 kWh this year since May. That's a decent bit of usage. ;)

If it was on the car at the dealer lot, I'd make a stink about it. Tesla should have removed it before that time, not after.

I do fully agree that Tesla can remove whatever the hack they want when they have the car, be it the FSD, FUSC, trunk mats, back seat. Heck, they can even kick a big ol' dent in the side. But, once it is out of their possession...

If the dealer bought it from an auction, the auction will show up on Carfax. It won't say that it's a Tesla auction, but it's safest for you to assume that it was auctioned by Tesla.

If you want to find out for sure from the dealer, with proof, I guess you would have to ask the dealer to show you a copy of the back of the title document. Tesla would be listed as the most recent owner if the dealer bought it from a Tesla auction.
Thanks for some good info. Carfax doesn't mention Tesla at all, like you said, so I guess my ace in the hole method here would be to ask them to see if the title mentions Tesla as an owner... (ever?)

The challenge is, the guy hasn't move the car to his Tesla account to getting the package info on the cars is tricky. Is there ever another way to find out? Can they call Tesla or is it risky for them to keep checking and lose the options?

My suspicion of SC01 is based on the Tesla VIN look up tool with the code from evo-cpo website. But I also have the suspicion that the data there is stale because on the car infotainment, the I see Full Self Driving computer + Full Self Driving as "Included Package", but the VIN look up only shows HW2 and no self driving software. I assume the infotainment/Software Screen is the source of truth here?

Would you happen to know if there is a way to test FUSC without the car being associated with a Tesla account? If so, what is that method?
Tesla are an exceptionally petty company, run by a child.

The free premium connectivity and supercharging is MOST DEFINITELY stripped out - even as the company statements had been that it was retained for the "life of the vehicle" - all it takes is them getting their hands on the vehicle for a few minutes in between non-Tesla dealers.

That said - IF you have bought it with SC01 and premium connectivity - TAKE PHOTOS OF EVERY SCREEN AS PROOF in case that changes. Then you can go after them legally if they strip it at some point after you have taken delivery and gotten the car in your name. If you buy it with XYZ feature at the time, then it should remain with that feature.

My 2014 displayed "no recent supercharging" up until a software update around July or so this year, then it started saying $0.00 for each charging event - caused me no small amount of heartburn too, but nothing has changed and I've supercharged somewhere around 19,600 kWh this year since May. That's a decent bit of usage. ;)
Thanks for sharing knowledge and yes, agreed on the pettiness of the company. Really, the only issue with their whole product line is their policies, customer support, probably driven by the man at the top.

The only pictures I can document are the infotainment/software information screen that shows Free Premium Connectivity and Full Self Driving computer and package included, despite the car being on its 3rd owner.

Can you recommend anything else I should look for or document? Like I asked above, is there a way to see if the car even has FUSC without the car being associated with a Tesla account?
If it was on the car at the dealer lot, I'd make a stink about it. Tesla should have removed it before that time, not after.

I do fully agree that Tesla can remove whatever the hack they want when they have the car, be it the FSD, FUSC, trunk mats, back seat. Heck, they can even kick a big ol' dent in the side. But, once it is out of their possession...
Again... Agreed on all counts! The sad thing is, with all the documentation in the world, they still won't budge and re-enable anything, would they? And I doubt they're scared of any litigation by one person, trying to buy a pre-owned S haha!

I really honestly don't know if they would reverse or me taking them to court will do anything 😔...

One further note on seeing a $0.00 price for Supercharging. It is possible that the last owner charged at a Supercharger and had free "miles" due to several Tesla promotions - it could even be on a 2022 Model S that never has had FUSC. When these free miles run out for that owner they would start getting charged. The free miles are not transferred with the car, but remain with the prior owner and transfer to any new Tesla that the owner buys (as he/she earned those free miles). Anyway, seeing the $0.00 price is not very useful and I would not infer much from it.

I would not trust any information from sites like this which at trying to pull option codes using the API token to ping the car. While the API does return a string of option codes, these quit being accurate about 1.5-2 years ago per memory. Appears that all the API will return is a set of "default" option codes. It tells me that my 2016 MS90D is actually a Model 3 if anyone were to believe the return string!

I would not trust any information from sites like this which at trying to pull option codes using the API token to ping the car. While the API does return a string of option codes, these quit being accurate about 1.5-2 years ago per memory. Appears that all the API will return is a set of "default" option codes. It tells me that my 2016 MS90D is actually a Model 3 if anyone were to believe the return string!
Well it worked for me, I bought my 2015 in October 2022 from the 2nd owner, and the FUSC transferred to me just fine. Seller bought it CPO from Tesla in 2018 or so, before they were removing the free supercharging on CPO cars. We used this site to verify SC01.

I'm just one data point though and your mileage may vary. Now that I have it, a newer car that charges a bit quicker would have been a better though more expensive option. I will live with the slow supercharging since it's free and hope to keep the car for a long time.

One further note on seeing a $0.00 price for Supercharging. It is possible that the last owner charged at a Supercharger and had free "miles" due to several Tesla promotions - it could even be on a 2022 Model S that never has had FUSC. When these free miles run out for that owner they would start getting charged. The free miles are not transferred with the car, but remain with the prior owner and transfer to any new Tesla that the owner buys (as he/she earned those free miles). Anyway, seeing the $0.00 price is not very useful and I would not infer much from it.
At some point one of the sites that explained if you had FUSC or not said to look for "no recent charging" instead of "Charging cost: $0.00"

But at some point a software update changed this, and now FUSC cars show "Charging cost $0.00"

Good point about the newer cars, though in the latest Dec 2022 10k supercharging miles promo, those do stay with the car and cannot be transferred to a 2nd car in your Tesla account.

Can we get Erika Kullberg to help with this? She reads the fine print so we don't have to, that's why I follow her!