Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC01 FUSC not transferring??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great conversation here, guys. One more data point to add, the site I shared for the API based pull is a hit and miss too... Well, miss so far 😊. I have 2 examples:

1. VIN pulls no FSD from the site, in fact, it says there is no Auto Pilot software on it. But the vehicle MCU, screen says, Full Self Driving Computer and Package Included.

2. While another VIN showed FUSC, premium connectivity and so on, however, the screen at the dealer show Standard Connectivity, Included. FUSC wasn't mentioned. So who knows?

Do you know how to check for FUSC and FSD if the dealer has the car owned without having it in their Tesla account?
No. Most dealers won’t transfer and won’t even know what true features are on the car.

These VIN look-up tools are nice but not a guarantee as many have said. Lots of people have had FUSC for many months after purchasing and then got it stripped bc that’s when Tesla finally got around to doing it.

The only true guaranteed way is buying private party and checking the codes with the owner. Also don’t forget to ask for copies of all service work in the owner’s account before you transfer. If they only own one Tesla, they won’t be able to access their service records in the app anymore after that transfer.

Reactions: Fragger
So I guess the overall lesson/consensus of this thread is basically that, buying from Dealers and/or auctions is just a ticking time bomb, cause the features will be stripped... Just a matter of when?
I think the consensus is "the large majority of the time, the features will be stripped if you buy from a dealer; if you really want FUSC, best to buy from a private party who can prove they still have SC01."

So I guess the overall lesson/consensus of this thread is basically that, buying from Dealers and/or auctions is just a ticking time bomb, cause the features will be stripped... Just a matter of when?
If FUSC is the deciding factor on getting a car from you, then I would say yes unless you come across a used car dealer that specializes in Teslas and is knowledgeable on what needs to be done. Tesla isn’t even that great about communicating what needs to be done when transferring ownership although now at least it doesn’t require sending in proof of sale paperwork. It’s all done through the app.

You have to calculate the cost of FUSC into tnt overall cost of the vehicle and ownership. How much is it worth and how much will you use it? The other thing about buying private is no dealer fees and access to detailed service records that Tesla won’t release to you. My service advisor was nice enough to verbally go through the entire service history of the car with me but some won’t even do that.

If FUSC is the deciding factor on getting a car from you, then I would say yes unless you come across a used car dealer that specializes in Teslas and is knowledgeable on what needs to be done. Tesla isn’t even that great about communicating what needs to be done when transferring ownership although now at least it doesn’t require sending in proof of sale paperwork. It’s all done through the app.

You have to calculate the cost of FUSC into tnt overall cost of the vehicle and ownership. How much is it worth and how much will you use it? The other thing about buying private is no dealer fees and access to detailed service records that Tesla won’t release to you. My service advisor was nice enough to verbally go through the entire service history of the car with me but some won’t even do that.

Sound advice. For FUSC, do you know how to calculate its cost? Supercharging cost?

Even if FUSC is forgone, seems like they're taking away FSD on these as well. Really a strange practice by Tesla... Probably one of many reasons their stock is tumbling (kidding! 😊)

Thank you again!

You have to ask other locals since the price varies by region. There's plenty of local facebook groups of tesla owners. Currently about 31 cents per kWh in the Philly area and to my knowledge doesn't vary with time of day like in CA.

I wish it showed me "hey you saved $15 today!" but it just says $0.00

Reactions: pilotSteve
Also remember what I said above (or it might have been in another thread) it seems like many FUSC cars are the 85kWh battery. And tesla reduced charging speeds a couple years ago with a software update. Wish I knew that before getting mine but I watch youtube on my phone late at night when the chargers are wide open instead of doing that on the sofa. When I upgrade to MCU2 one day I'll watch youtube on the screen while I slowly charge for free.

I looked it up before I bought and it said my peak charging rate is 120kW. If the battery is about 10% full and it's preconditioned, it will hit 120kW for all of 2 seconds, then quickly throttle down quite a bit. It's about 50 minutes to go from 10%-80%, not 30 minutes like I assumed it would be.

Good luck, still love mine.

Also remember what I said above (or it might have been in another thread) it seems like many FUSC cars are the 85kWh battery. And tesla reduced charging speeds a couple years ago with a software update. Wish I knew that before getting mine but I watch youtube on my phone late at night when the chargers are wide open instead of doing that on the sofa. When I upgrade to MCU2 one day I'll watch youtube on the screen while I slowly charge for free.

I looked it up before I bought and it said my peak charging rate is 120kW. If the battery is about 10% full and it's preconditioned, it will hit 120kW for all of 2 seconds, then quickly throttle down quite a bit. It's about 50 minutes to go from 10%-80%, not 30 minutes like I assumed it would be.

Good luck, still love mine.

Great information, as usual! And since you mentioned Philly... I assume... Go Birds as well! 😊

You have to ask other locals since the price varies by region. There's plenty of local facebook groups of tesla owners. Currently about 31 cents per kWh in the Philly area and to my knowledge doesn't vary with time of day like in CA.

I wish it showed me "hey you saved $15 today!" but it just says $0.00

You can use Tessie to pull way more advanced metrics on your charging, but on the cost... I believe it doesn't vary as much as you think, they seem to be running 45 cents a kWh in most places. It's the commercial rate that they have to pay, but of course you will be told the lie that "Tesla doesn't want to profit off the charger use" by the SC people.

In the Tesla system, on their side, it can still say SC01 and not transfer if there is a red asterisks next to the supercharging code. Only the people at Tesla can see that. You need to verify that because even though it has SC01 doesn't mean it will transfer. This is pretty much limited to dealer purchases though because on the individual side, you shouldn't have an issue (keywords being "shouldn't have").

Reactions: Cheburashka
In the Tesla system, on their side, it can still say SC01 and not transfer if there is a red asterisks next to the supercharging code. Only the people at Tesla can see that. You need to verify that because even though it has SC01 doesn't mean it will transfer. This is pretty much limited to dealer purchases though because on the individual side, you shouldn't have an issue (keywords being "shouldn't have").
Shouldn’t have issues on dealer sale either. Unless the dealer purchased it from Tesla through auction or otherwise. Also keywords being shouldn’t have.

Shouldn’t have issues on dealer sale either. Unless the dealer purchased it from Tesla through auction or otherwise. Also keywords being shouldn’t have.

It's all in the red asterisk next to the SC01 code - where or who you buy it from is irrelevant.

If it is there, SC01 WILL be removed. "You" need to confirm with Tesla that it does not have the asterisk else plan for it to be removed (speaking from personal experience).

What number or method of communication do you recommend to confirm this with Tesla before purchase? I wouldn't know where to begin and call whom at Tesla to figure this out 😊.