Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC01Transferrability and Tesla Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This company is an absolute joke. I have SC01 on my 2015 MS, which I know to be Transferrable FUSC for the lifetime for the lifetime of the vehicle via private resale. I am in process of selling my car, and have advertised it as such.

Prospective buyer is interested, test drives, calls Tesla to confirm transferability of SC01 - they tell him that "as of Dec 2022 FUSC is not transferrable." Lolwut?

I obviously call in today, asking for clarification on this unilateral policy change and woefully conflicting information. Wait 30 mins to get ahold of tier 1 support, who gives me the roundabout about how he is unable to send something about the configuration of my car but can tell me on the phone. I am obviously confused, and ask if the inability is because of policy, or because he does not have a Tesla email that can communicate with the outside world. He is unable to understand the simple question I am asking, and unable articulate his restrictions. Instead says "you should be able to look at your paperwork which says what the vehicle comes with", which of course I say "yes I already have that, but we're getting conflicting information so we need to actual position in writing". Unable to understand...

I ask to be escalated. Tied 2 supervisor finally advises me that it is their policy that they cannot send email about my vehicle vehicle configuration. My response was that this is obviously NOT a vehicle specific inquiry, and that my question is just a general inquiry on vehicles with SC01. AND that there is no difference between telling me on the phone and via email the results of this inquiry. Still, "I'm sorry, we're unable to email that confirmation or verification to you. but you can call back and we will be able to let the buyer know."

What an absolute ass backwards, dumpster fire of a company. It is incredible to me they can be so tech forward and progressive in some areas, and so completely archaic in others. The whole position of "no phone calls, do everything through the app" juxtaposed with this "sorry we can't be bothered to provide literally any information about our policies on your vehicles so you definiyely have to call in and wait 30 mins" is just mid boggling.

It will transfer with the car if sold privately, the process is made MUCH easier by you having the car in your app and sending it directly to the buyer's email after they already have the app installed and an account created. The process takes about 20 seconds when you do it that way.

As you have discovered, the human staff (who likely haven't been there much longer than since December 2022!) don't have the first clue. I've been told by them on several occasions that "no car has 'unlimited' supercharging at all" and "that was never offered for sale" which both are clearly incorrect statements. This is what happens when the child running the company goes through a purge cycle every 3 months and tosses out anyone with any form of experience or customer service skills.

I asked Tesla customer service the same question before selling my 2015 recently:

Customer Support Tesla <[email protected]>​

Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 2:57 PM
to me

Hello Alan,

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla support! In reviewing, I am seeing that your free supercharging will transfer if you sell the vehicle privately. If the vehicle does get sold back to us the free unlimited supercharging may not transfer with ownership .I do hope this has offered clarification. Let us know if you have any further questions or if there’s anything else we can assist you with. Thank you for helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

Warm regards,
Catherine A. | Tesla Referral Program Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020
[email protected]
Visit our Website for more Referral Reward Program Information!

XJp4zITFTu0RwbSUPiZReFQzO0OXwaxphKpxI8Nugi9wGHC5ncJU1EVy857PiVifPiuqciwpFd_V-nui-_Z8MA102z7RA_FlbhfJ_6dXg1IcSd4gFeaO1YQrSZ_m2leGg7a3IsMXwHOrFvhTPvXVHqUD_PVjRg=s0-d-e1-ft

ref:_00D506dxX._5003avCRRs:ref

Reactions: Jomak and DerbyDave