TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Scale up the model Y for X redesign?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Waverider, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Waverider

Waverider Member

The model Y renders and images off the website are really growing on me. If Tesla just scaled up the Y to X size they could take my money now. They could even drop the falcon wing doors and open up the roof for accessories. Independent 3 seat folding in the second row, yes please. Functional 3rd row seating in Model X sized car, great! One thing still missing in the Y design is the apparent lack of cup holders and internal storage nooks. Maybe that’s one thing Tesla will never give us.

2. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

What would be the point of that?

3. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

I’m glad the y wasn’t a miniature x. I’m just not sure how 7 will ride comfortably in it.

• Love x 1
  4. gangzoom

gangzoom Member

If you like white bread, no spices, and life generally a bit dull/bland I can get why you might like the Y. Its the most boring car Tesla has made ever, I personally don't see that as a good thing, but than again most people dont really care what they drive as long as it's cheap, and gets you from A to B.

My wife probably end up getting a Y for the exact reasons why I dont like it. It looks very much like her old Euro Honda Civic. The body design gives you a huge boot and rear passenger head room.

But swap my X for one, forget it. I just wished I worked harder at school so I could have a job now that would allow me to order a P100D L X.

[​IMG]