TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Scam Alert! Do not buy from BLK Wheels!

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by saboteur, Aug 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. saboteur

saboteur Member

I am posting this after warning Tony, the owner of BLK Wheels numerous times. He did not want me posting this as things like this can seriously damage a business's reputation. But at this point, I'm desperate and it's not right.

I was recently scammed out of $5000 for a set of wheels from BLK Wheels. I gave him many many chances to refund my money, so it has come to this. I call it scam because BLK took my money for a product they never delivered. I have just reported his business to the BBB.

Here's the TLDR brief story:

I first contacted the Tony at BLK Wheels to buy wheels for my car in April 2016 because I loved the design of the 501_GTR. He was friendly, worked with me on price, seemed on top of things so I got a good impression. Boy was I wrong.

They were priced at $5000 shipped. He promised only about a couple months turnaround time. I paid the deposit of 50% to get the wheels made and paid the rest of the 50% in June 2016 after BLK Wheels told me they were almost done with them and ready to ship soon. It is now august. I was very patient and gave this seller many chances to give me an honest answer on what's going on. After claiming the wheels were shipped from his manufacturer a number of times, then making excuse after excuse why they haven't arrived yet (even claimed the manufacturer accidentally sent it to atlanta??), I was so over it... so I told him I do not want the wheels (if they even exist) any longer.

We mutually agreed on a full refund, and of course after tons of back and forth through email, with excuse after excuse (placing the blaming the manufacturer again for not sending my refund), I still have not received my refund. I believe this seller has no intention of ever returning my money, and profiting off me without ever sending me any product.

I am pissed. Livid. It's simple. Send me my refund. We both agreed to it. I sent an invoice via paypal and venmo to give him options. Keeps giving me the runaround or not responding when he says he will.

Anything else I can do to force him to get my money back?

• Informative x 4
  2. ShadowR55

ShadowR55 Member

That's criminal fraud and can mean jail time for him.

3. DougH

DougH Active Member

Can't you file a complaint with Paypal?

4. eyespii

eyespii Member

If he doesn't give your money back, file a chargeback with your credit card company. Don't let him get away with it.

5. saboteur

saboteur Member

I hope he realizes that. I don't get what's so hard about giving me back my refund.

Already did, but it takes 30 days for them to investigate. It's easier for him to just give my refund and for me to drop the complaint.

Definitely will not let him get away with this.

6. Diavel

Diavel Member

Please post full name and business name. Anyone who searches this individual or business online will find this thread.

7. saboteur

saboteur Member

Blk Wheels
    Owner: Tony DeFranco
    3741 Old Conejo Rd, Newbury Park, CA 91320

I was issued a refund via paypal but...

Update 08/24/16: The refund was declined by the issuer's bank, so it hasn't been cleared yet. STILL have not received my money back. Also, FYI, the manufacturer is AL-13 Wheels. It seems they manufacture wheels for other boutique wheel brands and have really dropped the ball in manufacturing lately.

8. wilheldp

wilheldp Member

I find your forum name highly ironic given the nature of this thread. I'm not insinuating anything...I just appreciate good irony.