Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scam Warning - Tesla Legacy Car Buy Back Cold Calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gud'day fellow Tesla Pilots and Owner, Wednesday, July 24th, 2019

I was recharging at the Surrey TSC in Metro Vancouver, BC on Monday night. As usual, half the pilot/owners were out of their cars, chatting with other Telsa pilots, sharing information and knowledge, educating new owners.

One fellow, a South Asian Canadian, asked me if I had received telephone calls from Tesla, offering a brand new replacement for your current Tesla with all bells and whistles, in exchange for Trading In your early model Tesla that has Free Supercharging for Life?

He said he was getting multiple telephone calls, pressuring him to exchange his older Tesla for a brand new one.

Answer is of course No, I had received no such Cold Calls from Tesla.

I advised him that it sounded very fishy and advised him that Tesla is not and does not engage in that practice currently to the best of my knowledge.

I also advised him it sounds very much like a Scam and that he should day No Thank You and hang up.

Has anyone else received Cold Calls claiming to be from Tesla offering a brand new Tesla in exchange for "Trading In" their current older model that has Free Supercharging for Life.

Food for thought,
Cheers, Hugh-SG

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
I haven't heard of that scam, but nothing surprises me with scam calls these days. My first thought is how would they get his phone number and suspect he has a Tesla?
If I get that call I guess I will say something like..... I don't have a Tesla but I will be really happy to trade in my 1980 Honda with 400,000 miles on it :D