Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a 2024 MSLR and have installed a OBDLink MX+ using this cable: HRN-CT06S1 | Tesla Adapters | Geotab Adapters | GPS Fleet Tracking
However, after connecting it with Bluetooth to my Android phone and installing the SMT app, I'm getting no data.
Every 30 seconds the SMT app says something like "No data for 30 seconds, restarting".
The LEDs on the MX+ are either lit solid or blink in ways that I think are correct.
I also rebooted both my car's screen and my phone.

Any tips or advice how to get SMT working? Is that the wrong cable?

I've got a 2024 MSLR and have installed a OBDLink MX+ using this cable: HRN-CT06S1 | Tesla Adapters | Geotab Adapters | GPS Fleet Tracking
However, after connecting it with Bluetooth to my Android phone and installing the SMT app, I'm getting no data.
Every 30 seconds the SMT app says something like "No data for 30 seconds, restarting".
The LEDs on the MX+ are either lit solid or blink in ways that I think are correct.
I also rebooted both my car's screen and my phone.

Any tips or advice how to get SMT working? Is that the wrong cable?

Yes, that's the wrong cable. Any cable that works for 2015 won't for 2021+. I have my old cable which worked on my 2015 P85D which I'm about to use again on a co-workers 2012.

This is the one I use for my 2024 MSP:

I think there haver been 3 versions actually. 2012 to mid 2015. Mid 2015 to early 2021 (pre-refresh). And then finally refresh which they call 2021+ but didn't really come out until late 2021.

Yes, that's the wrong cable. Any cable that works for 2015 won't for 2021+. I have my old cable which worked on my 2015 P85D which I'm about to use again on a co-workers 2012.

This is the one I use for my 2024 MSP:

I think there haver been 3 versions actually. 2012 to mid 2015. Mid 2015 to early 2021 (pre-refresh). And then finally refresh which they call 2021+ but didn't really come out until late 2021.
I have the same cable as @sorka and ZERO reboots on the MX+ for six months now on my '22 refresh.

Don't like the SMT Beta. Instead I clone the performance tab and load that with the parameters I use.

Minor issue is I don't have accurate CAC numbers on either SMT version.