Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm using ScanMyTesla using OBDLink MX on my Tesla Model X AP2 90D, and I noticed the BMS Max Charge does not go higher than 91 kW, even though the Supercharger is charging at 113 kW.
Battery temperature is optimal, around 40 degrees Celcius, hence the high SuC rate.

Is the BMS Max Charge rate incorrect?
Or do I misunderstand the meaning of this parameter?

Is the BMS Max Charge rate incorrect?
Any idea, @amund7 ?

Any idea what the new SOC values are in the BMS? They are separate and different from regular SOC which is what is displayed on the dash.

Please see screenshot below.

Screenshot_20190528_181001_com.emon.canbus.tesla.jpg

Some very interesting measurements. Tested in ludicrous mode with MX P100DL . Tesla states a 0-100 time of 3.60s. Mine does 3.59 :cool:
Will test Ludicrous+ some day and record if the stated 2.9s holds.

It is unbelievable that you can do this with a 2500kg SUV with 770hp and almost 1000nm torque. Also find consumption read out just before the car starts to move...

20190615_223736.jpg

20190614_221458.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
No IOS in the near future, but I want to try to make it happen long-term.
After some time owning my Model S I have decided I would really benefit from a tool like this to track my battery degradation... my hardware have yet to arrive in the mail tho...

While I do own an Android device... I bought a OBDLink MX+ which supports iOS where the MX apparently doesn't... in the hopes that Scan My Tesla will come to iOS...

So are you able to tell us any progress on this front?

Reactions: rsg123
I recently logged the "all" tab and the data in the CSV is scattered all over the place. Is this a bug or is it just too much data to be logging the "all" tab?
Also there is mention of doing CAN dumps earlier, how do you do that exaclty?

Thanks

Sample of what the data looks like:
upload_2019-7-2_18-48-37.png

I recently logged the "all" tab and the data in the CSV is scattered all over the place. Is this a bug or is it just too much data to be logging the "all" tab?
Also there is mention of doing CAN dumps earlier, how do you do that exaclty?

View attachment 425749

It's not a bug. SMT generates a log line each time it receives a CAN bus frame which it knows how to decode.

Each type of CAN bus frame has different data in it - some have battery temperature data, some have the throttle opening, some have charging limit data, etc etc.

Therefore, each log line contains data in just a small subset of the fields.

IIRC, not having the app open in front of me, you access the CAN bus dump functionality by long-press on the red button at bottom-right of the screen.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
It's not a bug. SMT generates a log line each time it receives a CAN bus frame which it knows how to decode.

Each type of CAN bus frame has different data in it - some have battery temperature data, some have the throttle opening, some have charging limit data, etc etc.

Therefore, each log line contains data in just a small subset of the fields.

IIRC, not having the app open in front of me, you access the CAN bus dump functionality by long-press on the red button at bottom-right of the screen.

Bummer, so there is no easy way to graph this raw data if it's broken up like that I guess.
Does the Can dump and tool mentioned above allow you to graph the data better?

Bummer, so there is no easy way to graph this raw data if it's broken up like that I guess.
In Excel you can autofilter the columns and set custom value ranges to give you the data for your graph - obviously depends what you want to graph. I have literally just done this with an "all" log for the battery amps, power and voltage. Bit of a faff and had to relearn my old Excel graph skills. I found the graph maker mentioned elsewhere in this topic a little bit too basic for big "all" logs.

James

In Excel you can autofilter the columns and set custom value ranges to give you the data for your graph - obviously depends what you want to graph. I have literally just done this with an "all" log for the battery amps, power and voltage. Bit of a faff and had to relearn my old Excel graph skills. I found the graph maker mentioned elsewhere in this topic a little bit too basic for big "all" logs.

James

Ya but I wanted to plot charge % vs voltage which you can't do without total manipulation.
Raw data is better than nothing but was hoping I could produce some nice graphs

BMS Max charge should read BMS Max Regen.

You are right, but I saw (probably some years back) that in cold weather, the AC charge would be maximum the same as this reading, so I assumed all charging would follow the rules. Actually I still think it does, if it's limited because of super cold battery, to less than 60 kw. I will consider renaming it to Max Regen to avoid confusion.

This one is for CSV files:
amund7/UDPLogger
You can scroll, zoom, and select which items to graph. It can handle pretty big files, up to at least 100 mb csv, only limited by your computer speed, and patience.. it gets very slow with big files.

This one is for can dumps and raw logs. Those files contain raw canbus data, and the software will have to decode it. This chews through files incrementally, and will take any size file, until it also gets slower and slower... tested with 1 gb files!

amund7/CANBUS-Analyzer

It also supports DBC files, so the signal definitions can come from any source. It supports many CAN software formats and can really be used for any car, if you have the DBC file for it.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
Some very interesting measurements. Tested in ludicrous mode with MX P100DL . Tesla states a 0-100 time of 3.60s. Mine does 3.59 :cool:
Will test Ludicrous+ some day and record if the stated 2.9s holds.

It is unbelievable that you can do this with a 2500kg SUV with 770hp and almost 1000nm torque. Also find consumption read out just before the car starts to move...

Consumption is calculated from speed, so when speed = 0, consumption = infinity. And as you just start to move a little bit, consumption comes back down from infinity, which is... far up there :)

Please note that the 0-100 timers are still experimental, the accuracy is not really known, but in your case, it looks pretty close to the factory numbers :) We are working on improvements to make it super accurate and trustworty.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S