Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20180610-204420.jpg App feedback ;)

In this screen shot outside/inside temp is permanently 86.5C, also tested on mates MX90D, and when you change to imperial it goes to around 115ish.

It would be good if louvres used a percentage instead of what looks like 8bit 0-255.

Not sure what's going on with the HVAC speed font size and overlay

Screenshot_20180610-204420.jpg

Can't open that screenshot. The louver scaling is on the list. Model X temps you just made me aware of, not sure how to treat that, it will be hard for the app to detect if it's in a model X then disable that packet. Perhaps I need to keep user selectable default layouts for the different cars (old/new S, then X separately) some time in the future.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Here's another one

Screenshot_20180611-150300.jpg

It shows the three temps locked at 86.5. Inside, outside and filtered

I didn't do anything special for the three columns. I just selected one of your three gauge options and then size +/-. I'm using a Samsung S9+

I've had a couple of connection issues too. My OBDII MX dongle has failed to connect despite showing green and blue LEDs. I'm not sure if today's firmware update is to blame or a MCU/IC reset. A rebind seems to resolve but is pain to remove cubby to access dongle.

Here's another one

View attachment 308572

It shows the three temps locked at 86.5. Inside, outside and filtered

I didn't do anything special for the three columns. I just selected one of your three gauge options and then size +/-. I'm using a Samsung S9+

I've had a couple of connection issues too. My OBDII MX dongle has failed to connect despite showing green and blue LEDs. I'm not sure if today's firmware update is to blame or a MCU/IC reset. A rebind seems to resolve but is pain to remove cubby to access dongle.

It is clear that Model X does not support these readings, at least not yours? Perhaps newer hardware for HVAC? Nodoby reported this before so I thought it worked on X as well.

There's a lot of fun and customization to be done with the +/- and the gauge type, but I haven't really seen anyone play around with it :)

The hangup of OBDLink MX is an old bug that we (me + a few power users) have been hunting for a long time. I am still not sure if it is my code, Xamarin or Android bluetooth handling system, or the MX itself that causes it, but so far the solution is, unfortunately, to unplug and replug the MX adapter. It seems to happen more frequently on Samsung phones, Dual motor cars (and I have neither, so I see this hangup on occation, but too rarely to really catch it)

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Used these for the first time and they worked pretty well.

Want to monitor:
1) having dashcam plugged in all the time (it goes to parking mode and uses less plus watch 12v battery get charged back up from HV battery)
2) having Dometic CFX35W fridge plugged in (Renewing the debate on the best Fridge/Freezer for 6 seater MX)

Are the four below the ones I want to watch???

scan my tesla - Reccommended software
  • UDPLogger to graph your CSV logs from the app. Free, open source Windows software.
  • DriveSync to sync your log files onto Google Drive. Lots of features including to remove the files from your phone after syncing, so it doesn't fill up.
NZFQsPW.jpg

Yes! You wouldn't need all of them, but they each tell you something different, depending on what you want to know:
- Current is the actual load on the 12v system, including 12v battery being charging (Ampere)
- Voltage will tell you if the 12v battery is being charged (over 14v or something when charging the battery) (Volt)
- Input power tells you how much the DC-DC converter actually uses from your main battery (Watt)
- Output power tells you, well, really the first 2 combined into watts. (Watt)

I am not sure if these are being reported when the car goes do deep sleep, but try it.

Last edited:
It is clear that Model X does not support these readings, at least not yours? Perhaps newer hardware for HVAC? Nodoby reported this before so I thought it worked on X as well.

There's a lot of fun and customization to be done with the +/- and the gauge type, but I haven't really seen anyone play around with it :)

The hangup of OBDLink MX is an old bug that we (me + a few power users) have been hunting for a long time. I am still not sure if it is my code, Xamarin or Android bluetooth handling system, or the MX itself that causes it, but so far the solution is, unfortunately, to unplug and replug the MX adapter. It seems to happen more frequently on Samsung phones, Dual motor cars (and I have neither, so I see this hangup on occation, but too rarely to really catch it)

I came to this thread to report the same problem on my 2017 X 100D. Then I saw it was just reported.

dZbMUpF.jpg

Finally we have an official thread in this forum! Ask questions, share your findings, and make this thread awesome. I will try to answer all questions, and take note of any feature requests.<snip>

Thanks so much, @amund7, for creating the app for Android. I'm finally getting around to posting here after using the app for the past week and getting to mess around with some logging and screen info. Also, thanks so much for answering my many questions about which OBD adapter would be best and troubleshooting my initial connection issues.

I'm still getting things configured in the app as well as programs to graph and help organize the data so I look forward to learning from others on here as well as testing out new features and contributing to the group.

Thanks so much, @amund7, for creating the app for Android. I'm finally getting around to posting here after using the app for the past week and getting to mess around with some logging and screen info. Also, thanks so much for answering my many questions about which OBD adapter would be best and troubleshooting my initial connection issues.

I'm still getting things configured in the app as well as programs to graph and help organize the data so I look forward to learning from others on here as well as testing out new features and contributing to the group.
Are there a lot of 90kwh battery owners with this app?

Are there a lot of 90kwh battery owners with this app?

<-- ONE so far. :) Who else ???

I have v1 of the 90D pack on a pre-refresh 90D that was built in Jan 2016. I have several limitations since it is the v1 pack (throttled supercharging power and greater range loss to name the 2 big items). This app is helping me to see exactly what the range is so I am better-informed when I chat with the Service Center about range loss.

I've driven a TON of miles in a very short time so that is why I have such a larger range loss than most. I'm basically a 70D vehicle right now in terms of range (260 miles max range) when I had 295 miles when new; however, driving 100,000 miles in just over 2 yrs will tend to do that to the range.

<-- ONE so far. :) Who else ???

I have v1 of the 90D pack on a pre-refresh 90D that was built in Jan 2016. I have several limitations since it is the v1 pack (throttled supercharging power and greater range loss to name the 2 big items). This app is helping me to see exactly what the range is so I am better-informed when I chat with the Service Center about range loss.

I've driven a TON of miles in a very short time so that is why I have such a larger range loss than most. I'm basically a 70D vehicle right now in terms of range (260 miles max range) when I had 295 miles when new; however, driving 100,000 miles in just over 2 yrs will tend to do that to the range.
Can you confirm that a full charge rated range is calculated by using nominal capacity as opposed to usable full pack? And when the battery goes below 20%, it changes it's calculation to use usable capacity instead?

Can you confirm that a full charge rated range is calculated by using nominal capacity as opposed to usable full pack? And when the battery goes below 20%, it changes it's calculation to use usable capacity instead?

I will try to remember to post some details after the next full charge but that might not be for anther week or two.

I'm hoping the calculations are the same no matter what your Range is but I'll try to find out.

I charged up earlier today to 96% as I heard a rumor that the BMS does a calibration or normalization of the Cells when SOC >93%.

I will try to remember to post some details after the next full charge but that might not be for anther week or two.

I'm hoping the calculations are the same no matter what your Range is but I'll try to find out.

I charged up earlier today to 96% as I heard a rumor that the BMS does a calibration or normalization of the Cells when SOC >93%.
Get ready to have your world rocked. The 90kwh batteries (haven't checked any others) are hiding their range degradation by giving you miles remaining based on nominal remaining from 100-80%. From 80-20%, the car slowly adjusts to use a number between nominal and usable. Then below 20%, it starts to use usable for the miles remaining calculation.