TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by amund7, Apr 15, 2018.

1. amund7

amund7 Former Vendor

Screenshot_20180408-120545.jpeg Screenshot_20180408-120736.jpeg Screenshot_20180408-121107.jpeg Screenshot_20180408-121228.jpeg

Hi,

I've made an app, and a thread about it in the model S forum:

Vendor - Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

It also works with Model X.

It would be nice if we can keep the general discussion in that thread, and model X specific questions here.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. 4DXP

4DXP Member

Thank you for your app. I am enjoying it.

• Like x 1
  3. srijey

srijey Tesla Fundie

Don't know whether this's the right place to ask my novice question. How do I take a screenshot of the 17" monitor and send it from the web browser on the screen?

4. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

I just purchased a cheap Android phone, the Scan my Tesla app, and a OBDLink LX dongle. Waiting for the dongle to arrive.

I think the app recognizes multiple cars correct? Does the app allow data from 2 different data streams from 2 different OBDLink LX dongles at the same time? I would like side by side data from 2 different OBDLinks at the same time. I'm sure that might sound crazy but if you saw my youtube channel you'd know why. :)

Thanks!

5. amund7

amund7 Former Vendor

Thanks for your support!

The app can not support 2 bluetooth connections at the same time, no. I haven't seen your youtube channel, but very curious to see what the use case is :) Drag race where both cars are within bluetooth range of 1 phone? :p

• Funny x 2
  6. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

PM sent.

7. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
  8. amund7

amund7 Former Vendor

#8 amund7, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Little bit of backstory please?
    Is this your first time trying to run it?
    What's the exact message you're getting, and what led up to it?

In general, power cycling (i.e. unplugging) the obdlink can sometimes fix things, but that problem does not give this message.
    If you've never paired it before, a wrong pin-code (or on some android phones, the pin code popup never shows) could maybe lead to a message like that. If so, try un-pairing then re-pairining.

Also rebooting your phone can sometimes fix things.

9. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Sorry, that was what it says, I'll get a screenshot next time it happens. So far it comes back when unplugging the module but reaching it is a bit of a hassle if the tray has been returned to stock position, can't really do it safely while driving (you can do it physically though for anyone that wants to be pedantic about it.)

I finally found a config of the new dashboard view that I really enjoy, keep it up :)

• Like x 1