Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

amund7

Former Vendor
May 8, 2015
Norway
Screenshot_20180408-120545.jpeg Screenshot_20180408-120736.jpeg Screenshot_20180408-121107.jpeg Screenshot_20180408-121228.jpeg

Hi,

I've made an app, and a thread about it in the model S forum:

Vendor - Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

It also works with Model X.

It would be nice if we can keep the general discussion in that thread, and model X specific questions here.

I just purchased a cheap Android phone, the Scan my Tesla app, and a OBDLink LX dongle. Waiting for the dongle to arrive.

I think the app recognizes multiple cars correct? Does the app allow data from 2 different data streams from 2 different OBDLink LX dongles at the same time? I would like side by side data from 2 different OBDLinks at the same time. I'm sure that might sound crazy but if you saw my youtube channel you'd know why. :)

Thanks!

I keep getting socket closed using Bluetooth MX any tips?

Little bit of backstory please?
Is this your first time trying to run it?
What's the exact message you're getting, and what led up to it?

In general, power cycling (i.e. unplugging) the obdlink can sometimes fix things, but that problem does not give this message.
If you've never paired it before, a wrong pin-code (or on some android phones, the pin code popup never shows) could maybe lead to a message like that. If so, try un-pairing then re-pairining.

Also rebooting your phone can sometimes fix things.

Last edited:
Little bit of backstory please?
Is this your first time trying to run it?
What's the exact message you're getting, and what led up to it?

In general, power cycling (i.e. unplugging) the obdlink can sometimes fix things, but that problem does not give this message.
If you've never paired it before, a wrong pin-code (or on some android phones, the pin code popup never shows) could maybe lead to a message like that. If so, try un-pairing then re-pairining.

Also rebooting your phone can sometimes fix things.

Sorry, that was what it says, I'll get a screenshot next time it happens. So far it comes back when unplugging the module but reaching it is a bit of a hassle if the tray has been returned to stock position, can't really do it safely while driving (you can do it physically though for anyone that wants to be pedantic about it.)

I finally found a config of the new dashboard view that I really enjoy, keep it up :)

Reactions: amund7