Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scan My Tesla (OBDII) Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i just got an OBDII connector cable from e mobility driving solutions in Germany and put together a quick video on how to install it for use with Scan My Tesla. Was pretty easy and the data is really cool, trying to find a way to overlay some of this on track videos somewhat painlessly...

Will add another video with some interesting data soon!

Interesting - Thanks. Which connector cable did you get? I have an August 2018 build.

2017-2018 Model 3
2019-2020 Model 3
The MX+ is on sale for $60
Also ProClipUSA mounts are 20% off with code BLACKFRIDAY
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7"
full

So i just got an OBDII connector cable from e mobility driving solutions in Germany and put together a quick video on how to install it for use with Scan My Tesla. Was pretty easy and the data is really cool, trying to find a way to overlay some of this on track videos somewhat painlessly...

Will add another video with some interesting data soon!

Cool, looks quite easy, but when looking at the e-mobility site, it only shows the OBDII connector for Model 3 built after January 2019? But yours is an earlier build. Is there another connector that I missed?

Cool, looks quite easy, but when looking at the e-mobility site, it only shows the OBDII connector for Model 3 built after January 2019? But yours is an earlier build. Is there another connector that I missed?

They can make one for 2018 cars, just add a note to the order when purchasing but as others have mentioned there are other (and cheaper) places to buy the cables as well, which i realized after ordering mine haha.

Does the Tesla 3 have an OBDII port? I use a BT OBDII adapter in my ICE coupled with Torque Pro for monitoring the systems.

It does not, that's why you need to remove the panel and add this small jumper harness as seen in the video. Once you install that harness, then you can use BT OBDII adapters.

• Disagree
Reactions: N54TT and KenC
Check out Bjorn Nyland on youtube

From what i've seen he is recording the phone screen and just overlaying that (which i can do now). I'm looking for a way to save the raw data and display it on the video as an overlay via the Race Render software. Basically need to link the OBD2 data to the Track Addict or Lap Timer app.

You can see what i mean in this video, instead of showing speed or G-forces you would show battery power output or throttle etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26n5fS2Kql0