Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scan my Tesla results - what does it mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B8361C2B-6E5E-4369-9DC0-13C1D44DDD66.jpeg

So I have been getting really rubbish miles in my 2016 Model S so someone advised me to get Scan my Tesla to check the battery capacity. I have got this info. I can see it shows the useable full pack as 73.2kw but what does useable remaking mean? My battery is charged to 98% whilst doing the scan so assume it would have shown 98% of the 73.2 so wondered why it shows low 40’s. Any ideas why or whether it is meant to show that and it means something different to what I think lol. Any help would be appreciated thanks x

I've not used SMT myself, but I believe the "SOC" number is supposed to be the same as the "charge %" in the car, so it seems very odd that it's saying 55% when you're saying the car is at 98% (and the other "SOC Min & SOC UI" are at 98%)
Also very weird that "expected remaining", "ideal remaining" and "nominal remaining" are all so wildly different.
Hopefully someone more experienced with SMT can weigh in

View attachment 736743
So I have been getting really rubbish miles in my 2016 Model S so someone advised me to get Scan my Tesla to check the battery capacity. I have got this info. I can see it shows the useable full pack as 73.2kw but what does useable remaking mean? My battery is charged to 98% whilst doing the scan so assume it would have shown 98% of the 73.2 so wondered why it shows low 40’s. Any ideas why or whether it is meant to show that and it means something different to what I think lol. Any help would be appreciated thanks x
Is it 90kwh pack?

View attachment 736743
I think there is mismatch somewhere. SOC UI and SOC should be close if not same. Try driving to 0 miles and charge to 100% and then try to get numbers again and then drive to 0 again and get numbers like driven miles, kwh consumed and get smt numbers as well. I know it takes a while but it should give you good picture if there is any battery issue

I think there is mismatch somewhere. SOC UI and SOC should be close if not same. Try driving to 0 miles and charge to 100% and then try to get numbers again and then drive to 0 again and get numbers like driven miles, kwh consumed and get smt numbers as well. I know it takes a while but it should give you good picture if there is any battery issue
Haha it’s the driving to 0 miles that’s the issue. We live in the middle of nowhere so nearest ‘away from home’ charger is 18 miles so always a risk for us to either get home or to a charger but will give it a try. Thanks it was just the remaining useable that threw me as that sounds like how much was actually left in my battery at the time of testing which like I said was 98%. Thanks

View attachment 736743
You can't trust any of those numbers since the energy buffer should read 4.0 kWh, not 0.00. Do you ever see 4.0 kWh on any of the display screens?

View attachment 736743
Have you got some of the other SMT screen shots? Cell voltages?

View attachment 736743
What finally happened with the battery? I have the same issues in my 2015 70D