Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCAQMD Residential Charger Rebate $250

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is for California residents only, not sure, but you may have something similar in your state. Wondering if anyone recently had successfully claimed the $250 cash incentive for installing a Level 2 charging station at home?

I just saw this at the AQMD website and it looks like the program is still ongoing. I browsed through the online form and it looks easy to satisfy the application requirements and apply. Since I've never done this before and I've been thinking of getting a Wall Connector (so I can keep the Mobile Connector permanently in the trunk), this rebate, if still good, will cut the $500 purchase price of an 80A Wall Connector by one-half. Self installation is allowed.

Check it here if you're in the same boat as me: http://www.aqmd.gov/home/programs/community/community-detail?title=ev-charging-incentive

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Bummer. It seems like you can't double dip on this rebate. I was hoping to get the rebate from AQMD and my local utility to cover both the purchase cost and the installation.

13. In some instances, a local utility program may offer a more generous incentive towards purchase and/or installation of a Level 2 EV charger than the SCAQMD program. In such instances, applicants will be referred to another utility program.

About a year ago. It wasn't considered duplicative because the SCE money wasn't a rebate, just a free $500 for purchasing an EV, and the AQMD was specifically a charging station rebate. Check with your local city to get that rebate if it's better. If it's not available then you should be able to still get the AQMD rebate.

About a year ago. It wasn't considered duplicative because the SCE money wasn't a rebate, just a free $500 for purchasing an EV, and the AQMD was specifically a charging station rebate. Check with your local city to get that rebate if it's better. If it's not available then you should be able to still get the AQMD rebate.

I believe there were two rebates. One for purchasing an EV vehicle and the other for installing the level 2 charger. The rebate for installing the level 2 charger has expired (May 2019).

Some utilities have EV programs that disperse "rebates" (from Calif. Air Resource Board in our case) only to qualified owners that reapply every year. I've received $500 - $750 each of the last 3 years through SDG&E. Apparently the program is being replaced in 2020, so we'll see.