Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scathing LAME dealer study...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's no surprise that most Legacy Automotive Manufacturing Enterprise dealers have little interest in selling EVs. The Sierra Club just funded a study to quantify that.

Thanks for posting. Seems the electric car is still dead(except possibly in Ca). It's counter productive and against the bottom line for ICE dealers to sell electric cars. Blows me away how utterly obvious this is but the lobbyists just line state and federal politicians pockets with gold and they just continue to look the other way.

It's no surprise that most Legacy Automotive Manufacturing Enterprise dealers have little interest in selling EVs. The Sierra Club just funded a study to quantify that.
Thanks for posting. I wish they would extend the survey to other states. It would be great if we could share those statistics in Virginia (and MI, etc.) with the officials who are responsible for protecting consumers.
Also props to the dealers who got 5 stars - that's just plain helpful to know who is EV-friendly.

Yes, no real surprises to me in that study.

I was at first puzzled by this statement in the article, quote: "92 percent of all Tesla stores visited had EVs available to be seen."

My reaction was, "Show me just one Tesla store (showroom) where you cannot see a Tesla car!"

There was a footnote associated with that statement in the article, as follows: "Since Tesla operates stores and not dealerships, the company is restricted in the number of stores it can operate in many states so the numbers of EVs at their stores available for test drive are not relevant in comparison to dealerships. Also important to note is that some Tesla stores are in malls or places where you can’t actually drive the car right then and there."

So my impression is when the article said "EVs available to be seen" what was meant was really "EVs available to be test driven". Every Tesla showroom has at least one Tesla vehicle in the showroom that you can look at and sit in and play with.

Seems the electric car is still dead(except possibly in Ca). It's counter productive and against the bottom line for ICE dealers to sell electric cars.
Except it the article gives the impression that many Chevy and Nissan dealers are promoting their EVs (Volts and Leafs). Not all of those dealers, but many of them. So some progress. And even some Fiat dealers were doing a good job, which considering the low opinion that Fiat/Chryslers CEO has of EV is good news, and kind of amusing. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec