Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCCA Autocross Class for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For sure, SS is hot around here. Ben is a great driver and when he showed up to drive Eric's GT3 I knew I was in trouble, I prefer him to stay in SSR with his GS lol. Colton in his SS Alfa 4C was up running with the Finger Lakes region this past weekend or I'm sure I woulda gotten smacked around by it too lol.

I'm thinking of going to ASP just because there are slower people there... LOL

I had seen some discussion on the roadrace and autox forum about the EV-X class - If the SCCA has this in solo next year, that could be really cool depending on the rules (right now it is "experimental" - all I can gather). Anyway, the suggestions are to basically allow the car to be in street-touring trim (f/r sways, coilovers, wider wheels, I believe they were suggesting allowing different A-arms)... with a PAX that is only .002 higher than SS right now. IF it plays out that way, that could be the hot ticket in my opinion.

I had seen some discussion on the roadrace and autox forum about the EV-X class - If the SCCA has this in solo next year, that could be really cool depending on the rules (right now it is "experimental" - all I can gather). Anyway, the suggestions are to basically allow the car to be in street-touring trim (f/r sways, coilovers, wider wheels, I believe they were suggesting allowing different A-arms)... with a PAX that is only .002 higher than SS right now. IF it plays out that way, that could be the hot ticket in my opinion.
would wider wheels help? can you fit 285 or 305 REs w/ out fender mods
F& R sway + suspension would definitely make the 3 dominate PAX even more

I THINK we can get up to a 295 (I thought I saw that somewhere on here) without rubbing but we'd need to verify. A wider wheel would definitely help support a larger tire. If EV-X was set up like a Street Touring class per SCCA, they would limit our tire width. I would hope that we could be able to go up to a 285-width (seems like a fair width based on the increased weight EV cars deal with).

I THINK we can get up to a 295 (I thought I saw that somewhere on here) without rubbing but we'd need to verify. A wider wheel would definitely help support a larger tire. If EV-X was set up like a Street Touring class per SCCA, they would limit our tire width. I would hope that we could be able to go up to a 285-width (seems like a fair width based on the increased weight EV cars deal with).
295 won't fit without wider fenders, I believe.

3rd in RAW, 3rd in PAX, 2nd in SS today. Was chasing the 19 GT3 in the last heat (he had a 23.516 when I laid down my 23.585... then he went out and put down the .4), got to take down one of the GT3’s at least. Shake in his Model 3 Stealth Performance finished just behind me in RAW for the 3rd event in a row

666EF9A5-5ADB-40EE-82D9-3666FFA5A982.jpeg
9819CFA5-2D0C-467C-AEAB-4B468D64ACA6.jpeg
0C7A05E3-BCEC-4DB7-ACAF-516FBF06E66B.jpeg

Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
Wow, that low?

I'm going to the AL SCCA event that was just postponed from this weekend to next. They run a EV-X class alongside STX, but I can't find any PAX numbers or rules. Guess it's just SS or EV-X.

You are true SS, right?
we have crap HMA so I'm trying not to torture my tires too much. 36 all around is good on better surface. 33 seems low like I'd roll all the way past the triangles?

Yes only SS rule I'm breaking is wheel diameter (running 18's) but my club told me I was fine.

Here are my front and rears after 4 events (I swap them back to front every event so some may be old wear). They’re still on the car so pictures aren’t great. I don't chalk them I just go by feel. They may be rolling past but they feel great. I got the suggestions for Tire pressures from a friend that runs his Model 3 Performance and happens to be a tire engineer for Bridgestone. IDK, it's been workin lol.

763F295D-2632-4394-B8EB-F43E7056016C.jpeg
20590AE4-19C2-4970-8279-B6C1E13E1A6B.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial