Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCE/Edison PTO notification question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another update. We signed the SCE Interconnection Agreement in late September. 2-3 weeks later in mid October, we got a request from Edison's Insurance Tracking Services (ITS) to add Edison as an additional named insured to the liability coverage on our home owners insurance policy. We did this on the same day they requested it and confirmed with ITS that the insurance was fully compliant with Edison's requirements in late October. Finally on November 1st, Edison issued an email and a PDF attachment to our contractor (which we had to virtually pry out of our contractor).
The next challenge is to get the contractor to submit the SGIP rebate paperwork to Edison in anything close to a timely fashion so we can get the rebate check and put this whole sorry fiasco behind us. Never again.....

Reactions: cvincent
++ on this. I phoned SCE to do the plan switch (D-Prime) as soon as the installers commissioned the powerwall.
I did get an email from SCE for the PTO:

"PERMISSION TO OPERATE
Self-Generation Facility Interconnected to SCE's Electric Grid"

also prior to that emails:
"Application Submitted" This e-mail confirms receipt of your Net Energy Metering Interconnection Request ("IR")
"Deemed Valid"
"Pending Final Documents"
"SCE Engineer Assigned. Pending Technical Review"
"SCE Technical Approval Complete Pending Final NEM Review"
"Fully Executed Agreement" (same day as PTO)
Hey! sorry to ask on an older thread, but I just got my 'Application Submitted' this morning and have a few questions for you.

How long did it take to get your PTO from Application Submitted? Also you listed a couple of more stops before PTO. Am I also going to receive those emails "Deemed Valid" Pending Final Documents" etc.

Hey! sorry to ask on an older thread, but I just got my 'Application Submitted' this morning and have a few questions for you.

How long did it take to get your PTO from Application Submitted? Also you listed a couple of more stops before PTO. Am I also going to receive those emails "Deemed Valid" Pending Final Documents" etc.
Yes you will get additional emails. My time line was as follows:

1/6 - Application Submitted
1/7 - Application Returned - Tesla had errors in the application
1/20 - Application Resubmitted
1/25 - Deemed Valid/Pending Final Documents
2/4 - SCE Engineer Assigned/Technical Review Complete Pending Final NEM Review

I believe the last step above is only for installs with Powerwalls.

I'm expecting to get the PTO approval this week based on others' timelines.

Yes you will get additional emails. My time line was as follows:

1/6 - Application Submitted
1/7 - Application Returned - Tesla had errors in the application
1/20 - Application Resubmitted
1/25 - Deemed Valid/Pending Final Documents
2/4 - SCE Engineer Assigned/Technical Review Complete Pending Final NEM Review

I believe the last step above is only for installs with Powerwalls.

I'm expecting to get the PTO approval this week based on others' timelines.
Got it. Yeah my application is also for Powerwalls (2 of them, and I already have solar panels for the last year, just adding the powerwalls).

Based on your timeline, it looks like 20 days from start to finish. Im hoping my application has no error then. Installer did everything for me and they're supposed to be experienced with this. Also according to them, supposedly Edison is faster than the rest when it comes to granting PTO's

Thanks again for responding 👍

To anyone interested (for future research for other people - i know i researched this myself lol) I just received my PTO from Edison a few mins ago. It took 19 days from "Application Submitted" to receiving PTO. But see timeline of emails below of everything:

2/9 - Application Submitted
2/11 - Deemed Valid
2/11 - Pending Final Documents
2/22 - SCE Engineer Assigned Pending Technical Review
2/22 - SCE Technical Approval Complete Pending Final NEM Review
2/28 - Fully Executed Agreement
2/28 - PTO Issued

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r