Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCE equity resiliency sgip reimbursement check how long?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have sce was approved for SGIP reservation. After powerwall install (took a year) finally got PTO last week and installer has submitted the SGIP incentive claim form to SCE. For those who have gone through the equity resiliency with SCE, how long after filing the ICF before getting reimbursed?

My incentive claim form was submitted March 22, 2022.

On May 22, 2022 I received a notification of some missing/additional info they needed to process the claim. Installer submitted that on May 26.

Claim was finally approved on June 7, 2022, and a check was issued June 9.

This was with PGE, not SCE, but I’d assume the timelines are similar.

In my experience when the ICF was actually submitted (with all the data that was requested), the ICF was approved the next day. And from there it was 30 days for a check to appear.

However, the ICF itself was a multi-step process to get submitted properly. I needed AESC to send someone to my house to take pictures of the Powerwalls and test them to see if they worked. I needed Tesla to produce data to SGIP so they knew the batteries were discharging. I needed to allow a PG&E person to throw the disconnects and test the backup was working. I don't know what fraud was happening with SGIP, but they triple-check everything to see if the Powerwalls are real and functional.

PS. buy one of these to frame the check if you ever receive it...

In my experience when the ICF was actually submitted (with all the data that was requested), the ICF was approved the next day. And from there it was 30 days for a check to appear.

However, the ICF itself was a multi-step process to get submitted properly. I needed AESC to send someone to my house to take pictures of the Powerwalls and test them to see if they worked. I needed Tesla to produce data to SGIP so they knew the batteries were discharging. I needed to allow a PG&E person to throw the disconnects and test the backup was working. I don't know what fraud was happening with SGIP, but they triple-check everything to see if the Powerwalls are real and functional.

PS. buy one of these to frame the check if you ever receive it...

I forgot about that... yes, I also had a site inspection by someone within that 2-month timeframe between initial "submission" and approval.

I forgot about that... yes, I also had a site inspection by someone within that 2-month timeframe between initial "submission" and approval.

Yeah, I get the feeling in the early parts of SGIP, some folks were just printing up cardboard cutouts of ESS and snapping garbage photos. Then claiming batteries were installed and pocketing the cash.