Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCE gives $450 credit for driving an EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that recently as well. Any catches? I have solar and on NEM 1.0. Also, I'm not TOU. I also received a $2,500 rebate from CVRP when I bought my '75. I wonder if I would still qualify. I hate talking to Edison on the phone. It's worse than trying to understand or talk to a person at the DMV or IRS.

I saw that recently as well. Any catches? I have solar and on NEM 1.0. Also, I'm not TOU. I also received a $2,500 rebate from CVRP when I bought my '75. I wonder if I would still qualify. I hate talking to Edison on the phone. It's worse than trying to understand or talk to a person at the DMV or IRS.

I think it's independent of the other rebates. I just filled out my application and I'll see what I get (or not). I agree, there is no point in calling them. They are clueless.

Pretty much the only requirements are that you have an eligible vehicle, your DMV registration is paid up (not non-op or imminently due) and that the car is registered to the same address as a current SCE residential account. The names do not have to match. It does not matter what rate plan you're on.

It is just a credit to your SCE bill but that's still worth $450. I'm kind of surprised. I wonder of SCE gets some government money that they are passing on here.
Yes, they are obligated by the PUC to pass out this money. It comes from the State LCFS program. The utilities get Low Carbon Fuel Standard credits because their customers are using electricity as a transportation fuel. They are not allowed to keep the value of those credits, so they must hand it out, one way or another. SCE proposed $450/vehicle, PG&E proposed $500/vehicle, SDG&E proposed $50/vehicle/year.

I don't know how SCE disburses the $450, but I got two paper checks from PG&E for $500. One for each of my EVs. Money in the bank, baby!

• Helpful
Reactions: David99
I don't know how SCE disburses the $450, but I got two paper checks from PG&E for $500. One for each of my EVs. Money in the bank, baby!

So I guess I'm confused. Is it a credit against future electric bills or is it a paper check? If I have to wait 50 months to recoup the $450, I'll be over 74 years old. I guess I can save my monthly credits and put a down payment on a walker.....

They are processing these fairly quickly. Applied 5/20 and received notification yesterday I was approved.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 63
They are processing these fairly quickly. Applied 5/20 and received notification yesterday I was approved.

I think they have slowed down. My application was uploaded on June 1st and I just received notification today the application was approved, five weeks later. Another month or two to get the check. I guess waiting for a check is better than not getting one at all.

06/09/17: Application submitted
06/12/17: Email received that application was approved

Nothing received as of today.

Hit or miss with SCE I guess. What is so unusual about an S75? Car registered to same home where the car is titled. Rather wait for them to reply than try and get to the right person on the telephone. Maybe it fell "between the cracks". Who knows? Just saying what my experience is.