Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCE (or California In General) Charger Install Rebates ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
There's supposed to be a rebate (reimbursement) available from SEC for something like $1000-1500.

I can't find this info anywhere on the their website. There are links referencing it but when you follow the link it lists all kinds of other types of rebates but not for charger install.

Did anyone who got this rebate have a link to the page or a copy of the details still?

Likewise is their any other rebates available for charger install that would apply to owners in California.

Thanks.

Looking through the sce.com website seems to say that you can apply the general (vehicle) rebate you may qualify for towards the installation of L2 charging. That can be up to $1000. There does not appear to be a rebate specifically for charging. I received a $500 rebate from PG&E when I bought my car two years ago. At the time, and it still looks this way, they were not offering a rebate solely for a charger. BTW, the PG&E Clean Fuel rebate is now $800.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I went to that one and it only mentioned alternative fuels (specifically liquids and gases) and said nothing about electricity so I figured it was excluded for some reasons. It also seemed like it was something like just a 20-30% credit?
Yes, it's 30% but that's better than nothing. Here is a quote from the instructions:
  • To recharge an electric vehicle, but only if the recharging property is located at the point where the vehicle is recharged.
Instructions for Form 8911 (03/2020) | Internal Revenue Service

Im with SCE and only got a rebate for the car not the charger. They gave me 1000 for the car.

That said we installed solar on our house last September and they still havent updated our account properly. They keep saying we owe money and we keep saying apply our solar credit and then the bill gets pushed another month. We overproduce the solar too so its a bit frustrating to have to call every month. I'm thinking about taking them to small claims or something to push things along.