TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

SCE TOU - Biz Owner Warning.

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by McRat, Jul 10, 2017.

1. McRat

McRat Active Member

If you are business owner who has SCE power, be aware that SCE might have started a TOU plan for your business that can be punitive to those who offer free EV charging.

If I allow an EV to charge after noon to 6pm, at a 6.6kW rate, and they draw 10 kWh a day, 20 days a month, and it's .17c a kWh, that's $34 a month, right?

Not anymore on TOU Summer On-Peak plans.

It's $114 if they plug in for 1 hr, just 1 time a month, or $148 a month per EV.

Here's what happened. They measure your peak kW (spike value) during the month. Multiply that by $17.32 a kW. So by adding 6.6kW of load, just once, or every single day, it's $114 before they charge a single kWh worth.

Imagine my surprise to see a $900 jump in my electric bill for no apparent reason.

The solution is to not allow EV charging after noon.