Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCE: TOU-D 4-9pm or TOU-D Prime

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK I got my first bill, for only 8 days, due to PTO being received on Aug 23 and billing cycle ending Aug 30.

I have this:
1631031812302.png

And this:

1631031839485.png

So, is because the first page the positive charges are +2.89 and the second page they at +2.93 they use the second page as it is the higher of the two numbers?

OK I got my first bill, for only 8 days, due to PTO being received on Aug 23 and billing cycle ending Aug 30.

I have this:
View attachment 706286

And this:

View attachment 706287

So, is because the first page the positive charges are +2.89 and the second page they at +2.93 they use the second page as it is the higher of the two numbers?
Did you get an additional bill for the previous portion of the month? I was issued PTO 8/24 and received just my normal bill.

I don't understand. How do I pay the 2.89 now? And why? It is not asking me to.

View attachment 706377

OK I figured it out!

So where will those charges go in the next month? Will I pay them monthly, or will they roll over?

View attachment 706378
give it a month, just pay anything they ask, it all sorts out after a month or two. They will bill you a few times then you will get a normal NEM bill which will be around $10 to $30 for your monthly charges and on that statement will be your yearly true up info, either how much was credited or how much you owe, these will all be carried over month after month and then you pay or get credit at the end of 12 months. I think it is confusing by design. Essentially anything you see under Details of new charges is your monthly bill that you will have to pay each month. Anything under Details of your tracked charges is carried over month after month till 12 months is up.

Who uses cost savings mode on this plan? I’ve been trying to manually balance my usage but it can get difficult switching between “self powered” and cost savings daily to make sure my car doesn’t charge from the powerwall. Tesla needs to introduce “when vehicle charging on grid only use x from powerwall”

Who uses cost savings mode on this plan? I’ve been trying to manually balance my usage but it can get difficult switching between “self powered” and cost savings daily to make sure my car doesn’t charge from the powerwall. Tesla needs to introduce “when vehicle charging on grid only use x from powerwall”
I used to use balance mode. That was the perfect mode for my situation. Since they got rid of it I’m using cost savings and it actually cost me more than balanced did.

Unfortunately for me I upgraded the APP before I knew they took balanced away. Once you open the APP, the APP itself automatically switches you to cost savings.
If you have an older IOS device you can get the old version of the app and set it by logging in 😉. I have an iPad mini that maxes at iOS 13.5, I logged in and was able to have the option I’ll run it for this month and see what happens.

If you have an older IOS device you can get the old version of the app and set it by logging in 😉. I have an iPad mini that maxes at iOS 13.5, I logged in and was able to have the option I’ll run it for this month and see what happens.
I’ve done that. Every time I open the APP again on the device I use 99.999.% of the time it sets it back. I don’t bother anymore.

I’ve done that. Every time I open the APP again on the device I use 99.999.% of the time it sets it back. I don’t bother anymore.
Bummer. Oh well I am still waiting for SCE to
Start billing me after NEM and ditching my CCA. I think cost savings benefits me but I’m not sure. Only one of our Model 3s can be charged during the day, the other at night and I don’t really want to charge off the Powerwalls overnight. I wish the tesla app was smart and did self powered but did not charge the car from the powerwall.

Bummer. Oh well I am still waiting for SCE to
Start billing me after NEM and ditching my CCA. I think cost savings benefits me but I’m not sure. Only one of our Model 3s can be charged during the day, the other at night and I don’t really want to charge off the Powerwalls overnight. I wish the tesla app was smart and did self powered but did not charge the car from the powerwall.
Why did you drop the CCA for generation?