Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sceduled Departure - not working?

rincewind

Nov 5, 2019
London England
Yesterday, I was due to leave on a long journey at around 18:00, so I changed from the usual scheduled charging to Scheduled departure. The window popped up for departure time, so i set it to 18:00. The car was already at 90% soc, and I thought it strange that the car started charging straight away as it was 10 am in the morning. It carried on charging for just under two hours, stopping at 100%. So, time went on and 18:00 hours came closer - the car was not doing anything pre-conditioning wise. When I got in at 6pm, the interior was cold and the battery was also cold - the regen indicator line was almost completely dots.

So, is this a bug? Anyone else had this issue?

Currently on 2020.48.35.5

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
Yesterday, I was due to leave on a long journey at around 18:00, so I changed from the usual scheduled charging to Scheduled departure. The window popped up for departure time, so i set it to 18:00. The car was already at 90% soc, and I thought it strange that the car started charging straight away as it was 10 am in the morning. It carried on charging for just under two hours, stopping at 100%. So, time went on and 18:00 hours came closer - the car was not doing anything pre-conditioning wise. When I got in at 6pm, the interior was cold and the battery was also cold - the regen indicator line was almost completely dots.

So, is this a bug? Anyone else had this issue?

Currently on 2020.48.35.5
I can’t recall which update gave rise to changes in charge timer settings. They are such a bugger’s muddle now, I gave up using them.
I have a suspicion that it’s possible something is still live in normal charge settings and that messed up your departure.
I did set departure once but it wanted to run for an hour and I only had a ten minute journey. I cancelled it !

I just use my Zappi boost settings and ignore the car.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC