Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sceduled Departure - not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, I was due to leave on a long journey at around 18:00, so I changed from the usual scheduled charging to Scheduled departure. The window popped up for departure time, so i set it to 18:00. The car was already at 90% soc, and I thought it strange that the car started charging straight away as it was 10 am in the morning. It carried on charging for just under two hours, stopping at 100%. So, time went on and 18:00 hours came closer - the car was not doing anything pre-conditioning wise. When I got in at 6pm, the interior was cold and the battery was also cold - the regen indicator line was almost completely dots.

So, is this a bug? Anyone else had this issue?

Currently on 2020.48.35.5

Yesterday, I was due to leave on a long journey at around 18:00, so I changed from the usual scheduled charging to Scheduled departure. The window popped up for departure time, so i set it to 18:00. The car was already at 90% soc, and I thought it strange that the car started charging straight away as it was 10 am in the morning. It carried on charging for just under two hours, stopping at 100%. So, time went on and 18:00 hours came closer - the car was not doing anything pre-conditioning wise. When I got in at 6pm, the interior was cold and the battery was also cold - the regen indicator line was almost completely dots.

So, is this a bug? Anyone else had this issue?

Currently on 2020.48.35.5
I can’t recall which update gave rise to changes in charge timer settings. They are such a bugger’s muddle now, I gave up using them.
I have a suspicion that it’s possible something is still live in normal charge settings and that messed up your departure.
I did set departure once but it wanted to run for an hour and I only had a ten minute journey. I cancelled it !

I just use my Zappi boost settings and ignore the car.