Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scenic Drives NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any good ideas or resources to plan day or half day scenic drives in NH? Found a couple sites online but there may be some routes you’ve discovered. These days, it’s nice to get out of even just for a drive. I’ve just about carved a groove in the coastal route between Portsmouth down through Hampton Beach, Ipswich, and to Rockport and Gloucester...I’ve done that route so many times.

Anyone have any good ideas or resources to plan day or half day scenic drives in NH? Found a couple sites online but there may be some routes you’ve discovered. These days, it’s nice to get out of even just for a drive. I’ve just about carved a groove in the coastal route between Portsmouth down through Hampton Beach, Ipswich, and to Rockport and Gloucester...I’ve done that route so many times.

Going the other direction north is nice to Maine coast to Kennebunk Port and back.

Reactions: JATinNH
You could try going west on 111 and hook up with 101 go through Milford, Temple and maybe Peterborough. Maybe see if Cathedral of the pines is open. (Or drive through the parking lot). I figure about 110 mile round trip. Even with heat on should be doable without charging if you leave home with a 90% battery.

Reactions: JATinNH
You could try going west on 111 and hook up with 101 go through Milford, Temple and maybe Peterborough.
Tried this route last week... nice drive. Some beautiful spots along the way driving next to streams and rivers and a few waterfalls too. Thx.

upload_2020-4-28_8-35-33.jpeg

Reactions: Driver Dave
I would like to take a drive with my wife on the kanc, from northern mass.
I think that I can work out the charging. I can work out the packed lunch, drinks.

How are the restroom facilities ? Any on the kanc ? Public toilets in Conway ?

How about on the 302 just north of the kanc (restrooms)?

What's the situation on rt 93 to get there, normal state highway stuff ?

How are the restroom facilities ? Any on the kanc ? Public toilets in Conway ?

The hotel/condo which hosts the Superchargers in Lincoln has restrooms off the lobby. Other than that, all public restrooms in the area are still closed afaik. All restrooms, visitor centers, porta-potties and outhouses in the White Mountain National Forest are closed currently.

Also, take heed of the "no gas for 32 miles" warning on the Kanc. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: I'm_Jp
Supermarkets are a good bet for bathrooms these days. As @RiverBrick said, the hotel at the supercharger is open and available with restrooms. There is a Hannaford in Conway to use as a mid-way bathroom/food stop. A few Tesla owners did this loop a few weeks ago for a meetup (socially distanced of course) starting and ending at the Lincoln Supercharger.

Edit: Hookset rest plaza north and south are both open for bathrooms, and I believe limited food although I was not looking for the later while there.

upload_2020-5-3_10-41-17.png

Supermarkets are a good bet for bathrooms these days. As @RiverBrick said, the hotel at the supercharger is open and available with restrooms. There is a Hannaford in Conway to use as a mid-way bathroom/food stop. A few Tesla owners did this loop a few weeks ago for a meetup (socially distanced of course) starting and ending at the Lincoln Supercharger.

Edit: Hookset rest plaza north and south are both open for bathrooms, and I believe limited food although I was not looking for the later while there.

View attachment 538284

That's the route I was thinking of.
Anytime I got a new vehicle, I took it on that route to see how it felt (for the past 30 years).

My decision to do this will depend on my wife's comfort level doing this during a pandemic

Thanks for the insight.

That's the route I was thinking of.
Anytime I got a new vehicle, I took it on that route to see how it felt (for the past 30 years).

My decision to do this will depend on my wife's comfort level doing this during a pandemic

Thanks for the insight.
Enjoy the drive - it was beautiful, and more importantly, it was great to get out of the house. As you are just driving, with stops to charge and bio which can easily be dealt with using a glove (to charge) - or just sanitizing hands afterwards - it's probably about as safe as you get vs. staying at home.

View attachment 538284

If you're driving the Kanc, don't miss the turn onto Bear Notch Road if it's open in season, the curves are a big hoot and you skip the boring end where the rangers run radar.
Also a quick run up Hurricane Mountain Road in North Conway.

Of course none of these compare to driving up the Mount Washington Auto Road with no traffic in front of you!

• Love
Reactions: Tdreamer