Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schedule charge failing around once a week.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I am starting to lose my mind with the problem I am having getting my car to charge during off peak hours.

I have my car set to start charging at 2am and nothing set on my wallbox pulsar plus, so I am treating my wallbox as a kind of dumb charger.

About once/twice a week I get up for work at 5am and it hasn't charged. I go in the app to give it a bit of juice as I get ready for work and it says something along the lines of 'vehicle already demanded charge'.

I started to plug my car in at night and begin a charge for a few minutes then stop it to wait for the scheduled charge, this looked to be working but yet again it failed last night.

My wallbox charger light changes when I plug it in to signify it is waiting for the schedule and every time I charge my car without a schedule it is seemless and has no problems. Even when I have gone out at 3am to unplug and replug it works instantly so it isn't a cold relay, which I do hear click on.

I will say that I don't have sentry mode enabled at home and I do keep my car outside in the cold so do you think that my car could have trouble waking up? Also whenever I use the app without sentry mode enabled I have to open it, close it instantly and open it up again to get it to sync to my car?! This started just after christmas so since the V11 update, could that be anything to do with it?

I have rang Tesla and they have said it will be my wallcharger and I am not at all ruling it out but it does work straight away whenever I don't have my car scheduled.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys I am starting to lose my mind with the problem I am having getting my car to charge during off peak hours.

I have my car set to start charging at 2am and nothing set on my wallbox pulsar plus, so I am treating my wallbox as a kind of dumb charger.

About once/twice a week I get up for work at 5am and it hasn't charged. I go in the app to give it a bit of juice as I get ready for work and it says something along the lines of 'vehicle already demanded charge'.

I started to plug my car in at night and begin a charge for a few minutes then stop it to wait for the scheduled charge, this looked to be working but yet again it failed last night.

My wallbox charger light changes when I plug it in to signify it is waiting for the schedule and every time I charge my car without a schedule it is seemless and has no problems. Even when I have gone out at 3am to unplug and replug it works instantly so it isn't a cold relay, which I do hear click on.

I will say that I don't have sentry mode enabled at home and I do keep my car outside in the cold so do you think that my car could have trouble waking up? Also whenever I use the app without sentry mode enabled I have to open it, close it instantly and open it up again to get it to sync to my car?! This started just after christmas so since the V11 update, could that be anything to do with it?

I have rang Tesla and they have said it will be my wallcharger and I am not at all ruling it out but it does work straight away whenever I don't have my car scheduled.

Please any help would be appreciated.
are you still having this issue?

I’ve the exact same charger with the same problem. However when I was testing it I turned off schedule and departure charging and allowed the car to start charging immediately, out of 20 attempts of plugging it in and out it failed to charge 3-4 times.

I phoned Wallbox support when the error was present and they were absolutely useless, essentially told me that they had a software update recently and it might be related to that.

I need a charge point I can rely on as I sometimes leave very early for work and drive long distances

Hiya mate, well it is intermittent so I don't want to say it is sorted but it hasn't done it for about a week now.

Wallbox have been annoying the living day lights out of me. Keep coming back to me like they have fixed the issue, assuming I had a schedule in my car set with one also set on the wallbox app or the fact my car isn't waking up so I should use the tesla to set a schedule (when I already do!). In the end they have blamed the car.

I did manage to open up the wallbox unit last week though and noticed that one of the earth connections was in tight but the locking mechanism wasn't fully locked in. Since locking that it has worked but it's still early days.

I haven't actually tried to repeatedly charge without schedule so if it does fail again I will try that.

When I have finally given up trying to get anywhere with this I am just going to bight the bullet and buy a Tesla charger. Atleast then I can just ring Tesla up and say, "I don't care wether it is the car or the charger but I want it fixing".

It is soul destroying waking up when it hasn't charged. Glad I aint on my own though.

I’ve reset factory settings and rolled back an update and it hasn’t failed in three days so fingers crossed.

Had a similar experience with Wallbox support, absolutely useless. So sorry I didn’t buy a Tesla charger
I did a factory reset on the car, right pain in the arse. Thought it might have fixed it but it failed about a week later.

I have deleted the wallbox app because I noticed it was using data in the background, so presumed it could be talking to the wallbox and confusing it somehow.

It has worked ever since I opened the unit up and noticed the earth wire wasn't fully locked in, it was also full of brick dust aswell so I don't know if opening and closing it has moved some brick dust out of the way.

That or it will fail tonight, the fun of an intermittent fault is you never know when it is fixed.

I’ve reset factory settings and rolled back an update and it hasn’t failed in three days so fingers crossed.

Had a similar experience with Wallbox support, absolutely useless. So sorry I didn’t buy a Tesla charger
Hiya mate, hows your car doing? Mine failed last night after weeks of doing okay!

How did you choose which update to install to your wallbox? I'm thinking I might try resetting it and not update it as I don't use any of the smart features on it anyway.

Hiya mate, hows your car doing? Mine failed last night after weeks of doing okay!

How did you choose which update to install to your wallbox? I'm thinking I might try resetting it and not update it as I don't use any of the smart features on it anyway.
*sugar* sorry to hear that, that’s the problem with intermittent issues. I’ve had no issues since I reset it.

I also use it as a dumb charger, I just went into the app, then settings - installation options - restore and it rolled back the recent update. I didn’t choose the version just put it back to factory settings.

It’s been about two weeks now and no issues so far.